Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Universal 1911 home holster

rustychev

I shoot a sig max 1911 in uspsa and use a Springfield range officer as a backup gun. It will sort of fit my rht sig 1911 holster if I lossen the tension knobs way out.  

Dose any know of a holster maker that can customize a holster to fit both.  I contacted rht but they don't have anything.

I would think a Safariland 5197/5198 would fit.  I had a safariland designed for a STI Edge and was able to confidently use it with an eagle and 1911's as well.  You might still have to adjust the tightness, but would work for both better than a RHT double layer holster.  

Your best bet is to get two guns with the same profile.

Edited by tha1000

I have a leather holster that fits just about everything I’ve put in it. Made well by a guy local to me, I’ve put my para, springfield, and a kimber,in it with a rail. Didn’t stretch it out either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Sig Max 1911 and a Sig 1911 Traditional and they both have different slide profiles. The Traditional does not fit in the Max RHT holster. I use a 1911 Bladetech holster so I can use one belt setup. The Traditional fits a little loose and I have to tighten the bolts. When I use the Max I tighten the bolts a little more. Not the best option but it works. Other option for me is setting up another holster

Edited by ramnj

you could pretty easily take a heat gun to one of your holsters and loosen it up enough to fit both guns. just figure out where it binds on the tighter gun and warm that area slowly and stuff the gun in it, just work through the bind spots and go back and forth between the guns making sure you got them all. 

the resulting holster will be a little looser on both than perfectly fitting holsters but for USPSA thats not a real problem as long as your not doing acrobatics while pasting.