Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A tale of two warranties

Recently had the opportunity (unwanted) to sample the warranties of two manufacturers. While both were pretty good, one is just outstanding. First my Romeo 1 lost its zero on my X5 after less than 1000 rounds. Called Sig, sent the sight back and had a new sight within 7 working days. They paid the shipping both ways. Only bad part was finding a fedex hub to send the sight. Outstanding service.

Then a few days later the laser on my S&W Bodyguard went out after less than 100 rounds and no amount of new batteries would bring it back. Called S&W and they sent me a free shipping label but had to return the whole gun rather than just the laser module (which comes out easy). This process took over 3 weeks but found out why when the gun came back with a new frame with a crimson trace laser rather than the original insight one. Overall, 3 weeks would be considered great service if Sig hadn't set the bar too high.

Appears Sig is very eager to maintain a great reputation right now.

I hate to hear about all your troubles, although it’s nice to know it all went your way. I believe you can arrange pick up of a package st your home or office from fedex. In the past I’ve just left it on the porch when I leave for work just like they do when they drop them off.

2 hours ago, Paul B said:

S&W sent me a free shipping label but had to return the whole gun rather than just the laser module (which comes out easy). This  took over 3 weeks but the gun came back with a new frame with a crimson trace laser rather than the original insight one.

My slide release broke on my S&W M&P and had to send entire gun back .     :surprise:  

I mentioned that I could replace it if they sent me a new slide release - couldn't do it - took about four weeks.    :eatdrink:

Not complaining, too much, but illogical.    

• 1 month later...

A few years back I was having slide stop issues on my Wilson CQB. With Wilson 10 rd magazines, on the last round the slide would hit the top of the magazine follower and it would be precisely when the slide stop was in line with the take down notch. The slide stop was just big enough on the back side that the mag follower would touch it and send it out through the take down notch and it would hang outside of the gun. Due to follower design, this would not happen with 8 round magazines. I called Wilson asking to buy a new slide stop in grey to match my frame (I purchased the gun used). The guy at Wilson was really nice and asked why I needed to replace the slide stop, so I told him what was going on. He insisted that I send the gun back, I argued that it only needed a new slide stop. He said that Wilson was embarrassed that I was having a problem and they needed the gun back to fix it and make sure nothing else was wrong. They paid shipping both ways, had the gun back to me in less than two weeks and threw 3 new mags in with it when they sent it back. It has not had that problem since. They really stand behind their products, I wish more people did business like many gun and shooting companies do.

Hurley