Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Blackstone45

Glock 17 factory sights question

Hi all, please hear me out on this one.

I'm shooting a PPC (not PCC) match this weekend and I have to use a club Glock 17. I'll be shooting out to 50yards using factory 124gr S&B 9mm. Am I correct in assuming that glocks are factory zeroed to 25yards? And if so, approximately how much do I have to hold over (or under?) at 50yards? I would work this out myself on the range if I could, but there are no opportunities for sighters.

According to strelok PPU 124 fmj gr travelling at 1120fps out of 1/10twist barrel sighted in at 25yds will drop 1.4 inches at 50yds. Google "ballistics calculator" and you should find plenty of options to enter your data into. No idea if the factory sights are set at 25yds. Have shoot some run and guns with 50-75 yard targets and found that my trigger press is a lot worse than my sights.

4 minutes ago, Chip3 said:

According to strelok PPU 124 fmj gr travelling at 1120fps out of 1/10twist barrel sighted in at 25yds will drop 1.4 inches at 50yds. Google "ballistics calculator" and you should find plenty of options to enter your data into. No idea if the factory sights are set at 25yds. Have shoot some run and guns with 50-75 yard targets and found that my trigger press is a lot worse than my sights.

Much appreciated

Not familiar with PPC, but best of luck. The calculators are pretty good but only as good as the info you put in, so drop could be a little more depending on the bullet profile and velocity etc. Saw this web article where they were getting 2" drop at 50. https://www.mcarbo.com/9mm-trajectory-chart-vs-40-s-w-trajectory-chart.aspx. Not sure if the .6" would make or break you but just wanted to offer the additional info. Hope you have a fun match.