Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX mag problems open ?

TANFARM

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a follow up to my original post.

I sent 4 MBX problem mags back to them to take a look at.....

They seemed genuinely concerned about my nose dives and flips..

They ran all the mags through several different Open pistols , and did not appear to find any malfunctioning.

Replace followers with current style and mailed them back.

I guess at this point I am refocusing on extractor, ejector ....

Anyway.....thank you to all at MBX for great service in helping me with my ghost problems!!!!!!

John 

On 1/5/2020 at 4:22 AM, TANFARM said:

As a follow up to my original post.

I sent 4 MBX problem mags back to them to take a look at.....

They seemed genuinely concerned about my nose dives and flips..

They ran all the mags through several different Open pistols , and did not appear to find any malfunctioning.

Replace followers with current style and mailed them back.

I guess at this point I am refocusing on extractor, ejector ....

Anyway.....thank you to all at MBX for great service in helping me with my ghost problems!!!!!!

John 

So on other words John, they didn't fix your issues (and they are magazine issues) and sent the magazines back without any tuning or replacement of the magazine itself. Unfortunately, your problems will not be going away anytime soon. 

I received the same treatment. Explanation of how the magazine is fine, that it must be my gun or my ammo. It pretty much was an exercise in proving that the magazine was perfect and not in taking care of the customer. 

Sold my MBX magazines and replaced them with STI tubes, Grams Engineering Springs and Taran Tactical basepads. My problems with feeding went away. 

Good luck John. 

49 minutes ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

So on other words John, they didn't fix your issues (and they are magazine issues) and sent the magazines back without any tuning or replacement of the magazine itself. Unfortunately, your problems will not be going away anytime soon. 

I received the same treatment. Explanation of how the magazine is fine, that it must be my gun or my ammo. It pretty much was an exercise in proving that the magazine was perfect and not in taking care of the customer. 

Sold my MBX magazines and replaced them with STI tubes, Grams Engineering Springs and Taran Tactical basepads. My problems with feeding went away. 

Good luck John. 

This👆🏻
the only MBX mag I own is a 155 that malfunctioned from the start until I replaced the guts with Grams spring and follower. All my other mags are Tuned STI Gen 2 and have all run flawlessly. YMMV