lroy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Hperea said:

I am curious, do they have any specifics as far as the oil to be used on the honcho ? 
was wondering since every manufacturer seems to have their likes. 

Not really. 

Lucas Xtreme works well though. 

Mainly just keep plenty of oil in the gun... regardless of the flavor. 

18 minutes ago, Hperea said:

I am curious, do they have any specifics as far as the oil to be used on the honcho ? 
was wondering since every manufacturer seems to have their likes. 

A good gun will run on any oil. 

1 hour ago, Hperea said:

Yes Sir that is correct.  I ask because certain company(ies)  advise to use specific oil(s) which I found interesting. 

Oh, I know. SV even tells you what powder to run in your reloads. Just turn a mobile one jug upside down after changing your oil. There will be enough in the cap to oil your gun all year and it works better than most.

It’s being shipped out to me tomorrow but it looks like it’s all one piece, I’ll let you know if its not.    Pretty sure the breakdown of the Honcho you have to take the two screws out to remove the racker and plate, unlike some others where you can just pull the racker from the gun.  99% sure it’s all one piece.

Yes. The slide rucker and plate is all one piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Oh, I know. SV even tells you what powder to run in your reloads. Just turn a mobile one jug upside down after changing your oil. There will be enough in the cap to oil your gun all year and it works better than most.

I like your sense of "realism". LOL

My buddy got his Honco yesterday, (mine’s arriving today) but we got out this morning to zero and run a little.  He’s a big fan of Atlas and has owned a couple Chaos guns and the titan when he shot limited.  We both loved the Honcho, super accurate and as others mentioned handles recoil a little better than most. We both have the aggressive grip and it is very aggressive, made the Atlas feel smooth, he has the Cheely aggressive grip on the Chaos.  

The Honcho does not move much at all in recoil we were shooting 9 major loaded to 10.1 which was pretty hot.   Had to take her optic of the Chaos but you can see below the difference, lines were drawn at the top of the recoil arch and with the barrel.  He’s a big fan of the Chaos but was already talking about selling it, lol. 

E47005B8-7790-4A69-8097-AA718CFFD562.jpeg

48C727A1-0C76-440F-AFD8-9F4961F0978A.jpeg

1 hour ago, PGGUNS said:

My buddy got his Honco yesterday, (mine’s arriving today) but we got out this morning to zero and run a little.  He’s a big fan of Atlas and has owned a couple Chaos guns and the titan when he shot limited.  We both loved the Honcho, super accurate and as others mentioned handles recoil a little better than most. We both have the aggressive grip and it is very aggressive, made the Atlas feel smooth, he has the Cheely aggressive grip on the Chaos.  

The Honcho does not move much at all in recoil we were shooting 9 major loaded to 10.1 which was pretty hot.   Had to take her optic of the Chaos but you can see below the difference, lines were drawn at the top of the recoil arch and with the barrel.  He’s a big fan of the Chaos but was already talking about selling it, lol. 

E47005B8-7790-4A69-8097-AA718CFFD562.jpeg

48C727A1-0C76-440F-AFD8-9F4961F0978A.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures. That's a nice way to look at it. Same shooter and load too.

Phoenix Trinity has been able to put a Honcho race shop that has received a lot of attention from shooters.  A lot of positives comments on this forum related  to that. Something to consider I guess. Thanks for the pics..enjoy!!

We both have the aggressive grip and it is very aggressive, made the Atlas feel smooth, he has the Cheely aggressive grip on the Chaos.

Is it like my hands are going to eventually bleed aggressive?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, lroy said:

I've got both the PT Aggressive and Cheely Aggressive in front of me. The texture is very similar. 

...yes I need to clean my Evo. 

EvC.jpg

They have an Extra aggressive option on the honcho raceshop. I wonder if that is a newer more aggressive version?

1 hour ago, Shmella said:

They have an Extra aggressive option on the honcho raceshop. I wonder if that is a newer more aggressive version?

I believe they set the end mill to cut deeper.  I selected extra aggressive on my build that should be in shortly and will report back.

9 hours ago, jschweg said:

Is it like my hands are going to eventually bleed aggressive?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So put about 400 rounds down range.  I do not have  rough hands, so take that for whatever it's worth.   I have built some toughness on my palm from shooting a glock 34 with the talon granular and I grip the heck out of it, do tons of dry fire with that and the loc bogie grips that was on my shadow 2.  With that said, the area that is the most sensitive is my fingers on my strong hand.  The Palm is is ok but the fingers are pretty tender at the moment but shouldn't really be an issue as I get used to it.  I think if I ran 1000 rounds today my hands would probably be raw meat today, lol.

On a more disappointing note, we both shot our honcho's today, mine was it's first time out, he shot his yesterday and today. We both had issues in which the trigger stopped working because the disconnector they use got a little shaving from the round wedge down in it.  Mine worked it's way out quickly so I had twice that I pulled the trigger and the hammer didn't fall. His stopped working completely after about 150 rounds. We took them and cleaned them up, he had to remove the disconnector to clean it and we found a tiny little shaving that wouldn't allow the disconnector to come back up.

We called PT and they think it could be the new coating could be part of the issue.  They will get back to us hopefully soon with a solution.  I think they have another type of disconnector that isn't nearly as tight fitting.  Both of us plan on shooting more tomorrow, we both have a match Sat. and want the gun to be good to go.  Outside of that, the guns fit and finish are very nice, the slide is like butter, even compared to the Chaos.  Trigger is sick and it shoots very well and is incredibly accurate.  Hopefully this is just a little hiccup and doesn't become an issue. I'll update as it breaks in more.

27 minutes ago, PGGUNS said:

So put about 400 rounds down range.  I do not have  rough hands, so take that for whatever it's worth.   I have built some toughness on my palm from shooting a glock 34 with the talon granular and I grip the heck out of it, do tons of dry fire with that and the loc bogie grips that was on my shadow 2.  With that said, the area that is the most sensitive is my fingers on my strong hand.  The Palm is is ok but the fingers are pretty tender at the moment but shouldn't really be an issue as I get used to it.  I think if I ran 1000 rounds today my hands would probably be raw meat today, lol.

On a more disappointing note, we both shot our honcho's today, mine was it's first time out, he shot his yesterday and today. We both had issues in which the trigger stopped working because the disconnector they use got a little shaving from the round wedge down in it.  Mine worked it's way out quickly so I had twice that I pulled the trigger and the hammer didn't fall. His stopped working completely after about 150 rounds. We took them and cleaned them up, he had to remove the disconnector to clean it and we found a tiny little shaving that wouldn't allow the disconnector to come back up.

We called PT and they think it could be the new coating could be part of the issue.  They will get back to us hopefully soon with a solution.  I think they have another type of disconnector that isn't nearly as tight fitting.  Both of us plan on shooting more tomorrow, we both have a match Sat. and want the gun to be good to go.  Outside of that, the guns fit and finish are very nice, the slide is like butter, even compared to the Chaos.  Trigger is sick and it shoots very well and is incredibly accurate.  Hopefully this is just a little hiccup and doesn't become an issue. I'll update as it breaks in more.

I THINK A local shooter had the same issue? His stopped running and they found debri in the Disco area.

33 minutes ago, PGGUNS said:

Fitted ball discos aren't an issue. I have them in all my guns, I've never had one hang. 

Clean the disco and the hole in the frame, slap a generous amount of oil in it..... and I'll bet you'll be smooth sailing. 

3 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I THINK A local shooter had the same issue? His stopped running and they found debri in the Disco area.

Yep, exactly and it was minuscule shaving.  They use EGW ball disonnector that is very tight, due to the "balled" end to it, so  PT is sending us a fluted disconnector that hopefully will do the trick.  

• 1 month later...

curious about lubrication needs on this platform. I am asking from ignorance really as I have never held one.

I am currently running red and tacky grease in my SVI and I really like it, if it is cold I only need to break it with whatever oil (nothing gun specific) and it runs flawlessly. There is 0 indication of wear on my gun since I started using grease.

I would like to continue using grease in the honcho, as I am considering getting one in the near future, but since I know very little and this gun is non existent in Canada I can't really see fo myself.

Educate me please if you have the chance, thanks!

On 3/19/2020 at 9:44 AM, Avenida said:

curious about lubrication needs on this platform. I am asking from ignorance really as I have never held one.

I am currently running red and tacky grease in my SVI and I really like it, if it is cold I only need to break it with whatever oil (nothing gun specific) and it runs flawlessly. There is 0 indication of wear on my gun since I started using grease.

I would like to continue using grease in the honcho, as I am considering getting one in the near future, but since I know very little and this gun is non existent in Canada I can't really see fo myself.

Educate me please if you have the chance, thanks!

They recommend being fairly generous with oil. I haven't heard them say anything about grease. I've ran molly grease in my honcho and had no issues though, other than on a cold day.

Edited by lroy

3 hours ago, lroy said:

They recommend being fairly generous with oil. I haven't heard them say anything about grease. I've ran molly grease in my honcho and had no issues though, other than on a cold day.

great to know thanks.

how long can you go in between cleanings?

34 minutes ago, Avenida said:

great to know thanks.

how long can you go in between cleanings?

I just did a class in which I went through around 700-725 rounds without a cleaning and at the very end of the day the gun had it’s first malfunction of a failure to eject a round.  By the way that’s the first real malfunction I’ve had with the gun since the disco was replaced from my first outing with the gun.  Got home to clean and it was pretty gunked up.  Personally, I like my 2011 to run smooth so I clean pretty much after any match or range session which typically are 300-400 rounds.  I’ll also add that not once did I take apart my MBX mags to clean the springs during that day and they had no issues at all.

13 hours ago, PGGUNS said:

I just did a class in which I went through around 700-725 rounds without a cleaning and at the very end of the day the gun had it’s first malfunction of a failure to eject a round.  By the way that’s the first real malfunction I’ve had with the gun since the disco was replaced from my first outing with the gun.  Got home to clean and it was pretty gunked up.  Personally, I like my 2011 to run smooth so I clean pretty much after any match or range session which typically are 300-400 rounds.  I’ll also add that not once did I take apart my MBX mags to clean the springs during that day and they had no issues at all.

I guess that is a very respectable number for a gun that is tight as a 1911/2011. There were never designed to be shot that much before being cleaned anyway I think, but I could be wrong.