Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT honcho race shop

lroy

Mine was due 1st week of Jan so not happy but not happy but Sh^t happens.  They have had problems at the coating shop but I was told yesterday that they should be getting the first batch or two of guns back and should be shipping out first of next week, or maybe even today.  Was told I should get mine the first half of next week and super excited about that so keeping my fingers crossed.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, PGGUNS said:

Mine was due 1st week of Jan so not happy but not happy but Sh^t happens.  They have had problems at the coating shop but I was told yesterday that they should be getting the first batch or two of guns back and should be shipping out first of next week, or maybe even today.  Was told I should get mine the first half of next week and super excited about that so keeping my fingers crossed.

When did you order yours?

11 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

When did you order yours?

My Order was Oct 26th.  Quoted 10 weeks.  Thanksgiving and Christmas falling in the middle of week I knew would through a wrench into the timing,  then throw in problems with the coating shop and it’s delayed a bit.  Just keeping my fingers crossed it arrives next week.

I placed my order first week of Nov and was quoted 10-12 weeks as well.  With Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all mixed into the holiday season, I figured things would slow down.  I know they are working out some kinks with the coating, and so I'm not too worried about it. Hoping it will be in sometime soon.  Looking forward to running it for sure.  

I've been using mine for a good bit now. I've been very happy with it. The main downside being how picky it is with ammo. 

Out of the 7 different brands I've used only 2 have not consistently caused malfunctions (majority of them being light strikes.) You're pretty much less locked into match grade ammo or winchester white box for some odd reason. 

14 hours ago, lroy said:

Out of the 7 different brands I've used only 2 have not consistently caused malfunctions (majority of them being light strikes.)

Wut?  Never heard of this issue before.  This is happening with the gun as delivered by the factory or were additional modifications made?

17 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

Wut?  Never heard of this issue before.  This is happening with the gun as delivered by the factory or were additional modifications made?

I purchased it used and had the light strike issue. I've sent it to them and had them look it over.

They also had the issue with the ammo I provided (Geco 124). They said use either Primary Arms or Winchester White Box ammunition to avoid the issue in the future. After it was sent back to me was when I purchased 5 other 50 round boxes of various brands and did the tests.

With PD or WWB, it functions great. I just don't reload and its unfortunate I can't use other brands of ammo without light strikes.

Edited by lroy

On 1/24/2020 at 6:55 AM, Hperea said:

Please post pics once you get it...want to see it.

Here it is. It was just posted on IG on the PT page, but this is mine shipping out tomorrow. Yippee!!

81172553-0137-4C8D-B998-FD632E6CFF42.jpeg

A7D78BD2-3633-40D4-ABE2-709006C12449.jpeg

F61964D8-B294-49FE-889B-2AB9E5ADE686.jpeg

Edited by PGGUNS

54 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

That’s gorgeous, really like the double undercut haven’t seen that on many evos.

Did you get additional barrels ?

Unfortunately no.  About 2 weeks later they had a sale where you buy a honcho and get a free barrel.  

Man it looks nice!   I’m seriously considering changing my color to the grey pvd which I believe is a shade darker than yours but I haven’t seen it in a gun yet.  Congratulations on the new blaster.  

24 minutes ago, PGGUNS said:

Unfortunately no.  About 2 weeks later they had a sale where you buy a honcho and get a free barrel.  

I know the feeling I hit up the vets sale you described and then Black Friday came along but I kept thinking well at least I’m ahead of the rush

I wouldn’t have delayed mine a day as PT has been awesome to work with, give us a range report when you get a hold of it.  Judging by your dates I shouldn’t be too far out now.

37 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

I know the feeling I hit up the vets sale you described and then Black Friday came along but I kept thinking well at least I’m ahead of the rush

I wouldn’t have delayed mine a day as PT has been awesome to work with, give us a range report when you get a hold of it.  Judging by your dates I shouldn’t be too far out now.

With any luck I can get it and break it in on Friday and I have a match on Sat. Scheduled so hopefully I can run it then.  

5 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

Does the cover plate in red at the back of the slide have the slide racker attached to it or is it all one piece?  Bolt on?

It’s being shipped out to me tomorrow but it looks like it’s all one piece, I’ll let you know if its not.    Pretty sure the breakdown of the Honcho you have to take the two screws out to remove the racker and plate, unlike some others where you can just pull the racker from the gun.  99% sure it’s all one piece.

4 minutes ago, PGGUNS said:

It’s being shipped out to me tomorrow but it looks like it’s all one piece, I’ll let you know if its not.    Pretty sure the breakdown of the Honcho you have to take the two screws out to remove the racker and plate, unlike some others where you can just pull the racker from the gun.  99% sure it’s all one piece.

It is an interesting looking design.  It looks like it is all one piece.  Let us all know for sure when you get the gun.

I have a buddy that has a Honcho coming.  Was supposed to be this month but there was some kind of delay.  I'm interested to shoot it so I can see if there is a difference in feel between the Honcho and a linked gun.