Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Handle Effort and Stroke

I have a 550 which I operate seated.  I'd like to pick up the pace.

I have a 1050 which is plenty fast for my needs, but I have to operate it standing which my worn joints make sessions short.

Question:  How is the handle effort and length of stroke on a 650/750 compared to the 550?

If I can't run it seated like the 550, I had just as well splurge on another 1050 and load ten minutes at a time.

No, I don't want a motorized loader. 

26 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

I have a 1050 which is plenty fast for my needs, but I have to operate it standing which my worn joints make sessions short.

Question:  How is the handle effort and length of stroke on a 650/750 compared to the 550?

If I can't run it seated like the 550, I had just as well splurge on another 1050 and load ten minutes at a time.

I run my 650 on a stole 

What about a lower bench? it may be cheaper. I had my 650 on a strong mount the case feeder was 3/4" from the ceiling but I was able to lower my bench. Im not sure what your reloading area looks like But you dont need much for the bench itself. you could make something out of 2 2x4s and a little bit of plywood if you fasten it to the floor or wall.then you can run it at whatever height is comfortable

Stroke is pretty close to identical to 550.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:15 PM, Jim Watson said:

I can run my 1050 sitting or standing.  I use a 28" stool and I'm quite comfortable.