Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics choice...

mrvip27

Having a hard time trying to decide what to run in carry optics...

Currently own a P10F OR with a SRO for my "battle belt" setup.

I have a shadow 2 that is SAO so not for carry optics. (NO i dont want to run da/sa)

The walther SF looks pretty sweet, but the price is pretty high. I used to own a PPQ and Q5 match.

I haven't really messed with a X5 legion, but regular p320's feel just ehh in the trigger.

Should I just run the P10F OR with SRO? Or try running a SF? I really like the look, but I haven't held one long enough to really get a feel nor have I shot it. Try a X5 legion?

Pros/cons/opinions?

Thanks!

Edited by mrvip27

Run the P10f it’s good to go! I shot Matt Hopkins P10f not long ago and was impressed. That said I love my S2 and my X5 Legion is just a tick behind the S2. Lots of good choices out there.

Edited by xdnok

18 minutes ago, xdnok said:

Run the P10f it’s good to go! I shot Matt Hopkins P10f not long ago and was impressed. That said I love my S2 and my X5 Legion is just a tick behind the S2. Lots of good choices out there.

Guess it all comes down to money lol

Q5 is too small for my hand

went the da/sa tanfo route and sold my way out of it!

Went with an x5 gray guns trigger kit, Legion grip.  I've had better triggers but on the timer I split it accurately same as a 2011 limited gun

and not enough to say so to my open gun.

But just barely A class and getting older and heavier (slower) so take it FWIW 

Just now, jcc7x7 said:

Q5 is too small for my hand

went the da/sa tanfo route and sold my way out of it!

Went with an x5 gray guns trigger kit, Legion grip.  I've had better triggers but on the timer I split it accurately same as a 2011 limited gun

and not enough to say so to my open gun.

But just barely A class and getting older and heavier (slower) so take it FWIW 

Yes the Q5 have a very short grip..The p10f grip is a very nice length

1 hour ago, coryf said:

X5 legion (or x5 with tungsten grip) Is hard to beat for the money imo.  Just my .2    

I agree with this. My CO setup is an X5 fitted with the tungsten grip module and gray guns competition trigger. 

cheaper than a legion and I don’t have to deal with sending back it back to sig  to have the LCI cut barrels that cloud the optic replaced with a regular X5 barrel.

9 hours ago, coryf said:

X5 legion (or x5 with tungsten grip) Is hard to beat for the money imo.  Just my .2    

Been holding the one in the shop. Trigger still leaves a lot but it feels like a nice gun.

Need to shoot one.

19 minutes ago, DKorn said:

I’ve handled them but not shot them, so I can’t add much. If you think the Q5 polymer grip is too short, the SF is similar in length.

Thanks for your input

I bought my SF for USPSA CO but have used it with the 15 round mags and a TF magwell in IDPA. The magwell lessens the "short grip" sensation that some get. I have rather small male hands so running the SF with no magwell and the TF +6 extensions doesn't bother me. I've mounted a FTP Alpha 3 RDS 8moa on it which I like a lot coming from Burris and Vortex.

The SF needs some spring tuning of the trigger and recoil springs to be really "competition ready" and that does add some time and cost to what is an already expensive striker pistol, but the build quality is there to make it worthwhile.

Mines almost new and has only about 1500 malfunction free rounds thru it.

On 10/4/2019 at 5:50 PM, jdlincoln said:

I bought my SF for USPSA CO but have used it with the 15 round mags and a TF magwell in IDPA. The magwell lessens the "short grip" sensation that some get. I have rather small male hands so running the SF with no magwell and the TF +6 extensions doesn't bother me. I've mounted a FTP Alpha 3 RDS 8moa on it which I like a lot coming from Burris and Vortex.

The SF needs some spring tuning of the trigger and recoil springs to be really "competition ready" and that does add some time and cost to what is an already expensive striker pistol, but the build quality is there to make it worthwhile.

Mines almost new and has only about 1500 malfunction free rounds thru it.

I need to get my hands on one again and really mess with it.

12 minutes ago, af_tt said:

Shoot what you have or go with an X5. The X5 is a great gun for competition purpose and much cheaper than a SF.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think thats my plan.