Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther PPQ Sprinco kit

Salsantini

Been shooting my .40 5" Walther PPQ for about two years.   The pistol has the trigger bar and striker block polished. I  decided to try a spring kit from Sprinco and see what it did to the trigger pull.  With the factory springs it averaged 5 pounds 4 oz.  After the installation of the Sprinco kit the average is 3 pounds 10 ounces.  The "take up" is now very light and the release and reset are still clean and typical for a PPQ just lighter.

Edited by Salsantini

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't think to go over the process of switching the springs.  Here is how to exchange the two springs.  Check to confirm the pistol is unloaded.  Field strip the pistol taking the slide off the pistol and removing the recoil spring and barrel.  To replace the spring in the trigger pack punch out the roll pin in the rear of the frame.  Pull the trigger to the rear and lift up on the trigger pack at the same time(there is no need to completely remove the trigger).  The trigger pack should slide straight up.  Unhook the factory spring from the trigger bar and the pack and replace it with the kit spring.  Slide the trigger pack back into the frame and punch the roll pin back in place.  To replace the spring under the striker block push in the plunger in the slide that holds the extractor.  You can then remove the extractor and the striker block will come out(you do not need to completely remove the extractor;  you only need to slide it out enough to allow the striker block to drop out).  Exchange the springs depress the plunger and the striker block in at the same time and slide in the extractor back into place.    

Edited by Salsantini