Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OSP and SRO

gunshrink

Just wondering is any body using the new SRO on the optics ready XDM. I have been shooting the past two years with a DPP on that gun but just wondering how this new offering is working with the XDM. I read reports on the optic but nothing specific to the OSP. Any reports?  Thanks in advance.

At the CO Nationals my DPP failure at one largest high point stages, and I went from a CZ Shadow to my back up XDm. Well, the XDm worked so well, I think I will use it next year over the CZ. It felt good and worked great. I only had a 2.5 MOA older Burris dot on it, and it washed out in the dust storm and bright sun, but still it held up. I will never use a DPP ever again (the company was well aware of the known failure) , so I would like to know how the SRO works also.

The DDP battery contact came loose from the dot itself. Apparently gluing it to the dot system seemed to be someones idea of quality. When the dot heats up, you know, like sun hits it, the battery contact just starts moving around inside the dot housing. Now who would think a dot might get hot in the desert or after a bunch of rounds being fired. It quite seriously seems to be a moronic idea if the glue lets go that easily.

18 hours ago, Canman said:

I hate to hear that. I do see that leupold has been repairing them. I only have one. I need to get a backup one then.

That's exactly why I always take my  back up rig, the XDm.  What I found out was going from a 7.5 MOA triangle to a 2.5 dot is not a good idea.

When the wind came up and started blowing dirt like a blizzard, the dot washed out in bright sun. I will be changing that. Now I have to decide which handgun I like better. The XDm felt really good in my hands, and I lost nothing in accuracy or feel compared to the CZ.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 6:53 AM, mont1120 said:

At the CO Nationals my DPP failure at one largest high point stages, and I went from a CZ Shadow to my back up XDm. Well, the XDm worked so well, I think I will use it next year over the CZ. It felt good and worked great. I only had a 2.5 MOA older Burris dot on it, and it washed out in the dust storm and bright sun, but still it held up. I will never use a DPP ever again (the company was well aware of the known failure) , so I would like to know how the SRO works also.

I am always one to admit when a company goes beyond expectations and goes out of its way to fix an issue. Leupold did just that, and more. I had a new replacement dot in 3 days, and a pretty good discount on a 2nd. Not much more I can ask then that.

• 2 years later...