Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio pistols allowed in production for USPSA?

N7VY

I’ve been shooting in limited division in USPSA and due to my age I feel I need to transfer over to carry optics. The production list on the USPSA website lists the  pistols allowed but I only see the witness limited pro allowed. I’m sure there are others but the names used by EAA and the production list just don’t work. I have a sig x-carry but I really love the trigger in Tanfo’s. Please help. Thanks. Gordon

uspsa’s production list:

1 hour ago, JohnStewart said:

The Tanfo Stock II Elite is a very popular production gun in USPSA. The (I think 8 time?) world champion runs with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not “Elite.” That’s a name relevant to the Tanfos used in Limited division.

Just EAA Witness (Tanfoglio) Stock 2. This is one of the most popular guns in Production division, and has been for roughly a decade. 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, JohnStewart said:

The Tanfo Stock II Elite is a very popular production gun in USPSA. The (I think 8 time?) world champion runs with one.

nope.. Eric shoots CZ now. 

Still good guns. But the prices in US went to EU level. I have Limited Custom and Stock 2 in Europe. I bought them 2nd hand (or 3rd maybe who knows) just because I think they're cool. This is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. So I wanted cool guns. CZ's and 2011 don't do it for me. So Italian steel it is. 

The smart money is buying Shadow 2. 

Thanks MM for your quick and I’m sure very accurate response. I started out in uspsa using a match elite then went to limited custom (great pistol) but my eyes aren’t letting me be as accurate as I would like. My thought was to go into CO as I have a sig x-carry. I hate the trigger of this and all striker fired pistols, so the reason for my looking to the forums. Can you tell me why they allow the stock 2 but don’t list it in the production list (or am I missing something). I’m just trying to maximize my information before I make another purchase.  Thank you again for all of your help including the polishing videos you made.

They list it under the main company that imports it which is EAA.. The model is a witness but it’s a technicality and is completely fine. I ran into this last year at a level 2 during chrono while they were trying to find the factory weight. It was t on the slide as it is on the production list.

1 hour ago, N7VY said:

My thought was to go into CO as I have a sig x-carry. I hate the trigger of this and all striker fired pistols, so the reason for my looking to the forums. 

Be aware that you’ll need to do some work to keep a Stock II under the 45oz weight limit in Carry Optics.

Something along these lines might be necessary, where Patriot Defense trims enough weight off the slide to allow you to run the grips of your choice without getting too heavy:

Choosing a Limited Pro would be an easier route, as they’re a few ounces lighter and have the same ergonomics and trigger. They make weight easier after a dovetail mounted optic is factored in.

15 minutes ago, BigAm said:

Also that weight for the Stock 1 looks crazy heavy. That is a small gun to weigh that much.

The Stock 1 is a Stock 2, with longer slide and barrel, extra meat on the frame in the form of finger grooves, and a pictinny rail.

Remember the order of introduction went:

Stock (which many incorrectly call a “stock 1”)

Stock 2

Stock 3

Stock 1 (the actual)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

13 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The Stock 1 is a Stock 2, with longer slide and barrel, extra meat on the frame in the form of finger grooves, and a pictinny rail.

Remember the order of introduction went:

Stock (which many incorrectly call a “stock 1”)

Stock 2

Stock 3

Stock 1 (the actual)

The stock 1 is idpa legal and weighs in just under 43oz

• 2 years later...
On 9/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, Tirppa said:

nope.. Eric shoots CZ now. 

Still good guns. But the prices in US went to EU level. I have Limited Custom and Stock 2 in Europe. I bought them 2nd hand (or 3rd maybe who knows) just because I think they're cool. This is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. So I wanted cool guns. CZ's and 2011 don't do it for me. So Italian steel it is. 

The smart money is buying Shadow 2. 

So I am the uncool kid now holding on to a Tangfolio.... and avoiding buying a CZ Shadow huh.... thanks for the update. ;)