Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2020 single stack nats

rustychev

20 hours ago, rustychev said:

Has anyone seen any info other than that date and place posted and or info on other big matches that have been shot there. 

Rusty,

Not sure what you are asking?  We haven't shot the 2019 SS Nationals yet.  

I looked on the USPSA match page and do not see a listing for 2020 SS Nationals?

Just looked on Practiscore and could not find any info on the 2020 SS Nationals?

Give us a little more info.  

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by Sparky

-Multi-gun Nationals
April 1-5 in Frostproof, FL
(Includes staff/pre-match Apr 1/2)

-PCC Nationals
Sponsored by JP Enterprises
April 8-11 in Frostproof, FL
(Includes staff/pre-match Apr 8/9)

-The Safariland Classic Nationals
Single Stack Nationals
Sponsored by Ruger
April 29-May 2 in Talladega, AL (includes staff match Apr 29)

Revolver/L10 Nationals
Sponsored by Ruger
May 3 in Talladega, AL

-The Steel Challenge World Speed Shooting Championship
May 20-24 in Talladega, AL
(includes staff match May 20)

-Back to Back Nationals
Production/Carry Optics
October 18-20 in Frostproof, FL

Limited/Open
October 21-23 in Frostproof, FL

CMP is a huge and nice facility. If feels clunky your first time there, with getting your range pass and all. Also it's in no where Alabama. I stay in Birmingham and just eat an hour of windshield time rather than be out there. But yeah, as just a facility CMP is a great place and makes most ranges look like a backyard set up.

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

CMP is a huge and nice facility. If feels clunky your first time there, with getting your range pass and all. Also it's in no where Alabama. I stay in Birmingham and just eat an hour of windshield time rather than be out there. But yeah, as just a facility CMP is a great place and makes most ranges look like a backyard set up.

Not a Fan of the Pass thing.

Or the fact that SS Nats is in April. Nothing like the season opener will be nationals.

Also, what is the reason why we aren't having Nats all in one match. Guessing because they can make more money this way.

Edited by Dutchman195

1 hour ago, Dutchman195 said:

Also, what is the reason why we aren't having Nats all in one match. Guessing because they can make more money this way.

i'm, not sure if uspsa makes money or not on nationals (don't really care), but there are good arguments for and against  combined nationals. One good argument against is that they become difficult to get into by the time all the earned slots are awarded.

I kinda like having 2-3 separate nationals for divisions and having them geographically separated because it makes it more likely that I will be able to attend one (and drive my camp trailer with my dogs and stuff).

5 hours ago, rustychev said:

What sort of pass do you need to get.

Everyone there must attend a safety briefing before you shoot for the first time. Even if you're a competitor at a national championships. 

Screenshot_20191002-170321_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Everyone there must attend a safety briefing before you shoot for the first time. Even if you're a competitor at a national championships. 

Screenshot_20191002-170321_Chrome.jpg

I guess it is what it is and I have heard of ranges doing something like this but never for anyone with a classification.

11 hours ago, s2000red said:

Pretty painless.

It is, I've done it in the past. But where it does bug is when they restrict how often they make it available the day prior to when you shoot versus your travel schedule. In my case I have to shoot on a Tuesday in a few weeks at 8am. They are not offerning the video before then on match day. So I need to arrive/fly early enough on Monday so I can get to the range and watch this 1o minute video. In my specific case they're not offering the video after 5pm on Monday. Now I have to arrive at 2pm on Monday at the latest to ensure I can do it. It could leave me no margin for error in flights or anything else. That's what frustrates is having to change travel plans for a 10 minute video. Sadly it's been over a year since I've been there so I have to do it again.

While small, it is just an annoying extra step in the process. You can sense it is just legalese and nothing to make you safer on their range.

Edited by rowdyb

• 3 months later...

Probably because pre-registration doesn't open until "January 31th, 2020 at 7:00pm EST" and open registration doesn't start until "March 13th ,2020".

That's right folks!  January 31 th !!! :roflol:

• 1 month later...

Match moved to Sept. 

2020 Safariland Single Stack Classic Nationals
Squads and schedules remain the same just the dates change

USPSA recognizes the fluidity of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on hosting events in a public space. Many USPSA members and affiliates have reached out to USPSA with a variety of questions related to upcoming matches at all levels. In response to concerns raised by a number of our members, as well as consultation with multiple experts on the situation, out of abundance of caution USPSA has decided to reschedule some of the 2020 National Championship matches.

The upcoming USPSA Single Stack National Championship hosted at the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park, in Talladega, Alabama, has been rescheduled for September 3-5, 2020, with staff competing on September 2, 2020.

12 hours ago, shred said:

Match moved to Sept. 

This is too bad and I know not an easy decision for anyone, especially the organizers.

Edited by jcm
To change comment.

• 5 months later...