Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best mag release button Glock 34

Silverscooby27

On 10/4/2019 at 6:49 AM, Derdang said:

I always like this one from the GlockStore. OEM but with extended pad. Never had any problems. 
https://www.glockstore.com/Rectangular-Aluminum-Extended-Mag-Release

Yup.

Sits closer to the frame than the Zev.  

I have a bum right thumb so I actually kinda need the extended/paddle style releases offered.  I can make a standard release work but I have to significantly shift my grip to get it to work.  With a paddle style I can just drop them.  The extra leverage works well to my advantage.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 6:32 AM, iflyskyhigh said:

I have this one and dig and it. Works good. Last long time. Not too big. Not too small.

https://hyve-technologies.com/product/gen3-extended-mag-release-for-the-glock/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Hyve release on my gen 4 17 CO setup - I haven't found one I like better yet, and I think it looks more attractive than most of the other options.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 6:25 PM, Silverscooby27 said:

USPSA Carry Optics,  Glock 34 Gen 3
I have the Zev. Which I really like. Except that today when I was practicing transferring to my left hand for one handed shooting, I inadvertently pushed the mag release button and dropped the mag.

Which mag release button do you like best?

Check out HYVE Technologies. Its the most underrated upgrade I've made on my pistols. All my Glocks have HYVE mag releases. 

Because I compete in Production/SSP I use the standard extended mag release that came with my Gen 3 G34, but my preference is the Vickers.  For me, it's pretty much perfect and is what I use on my non-gaming Glocks.  The length of the factory extended catch, combined with its sharp corners, can start to irritate the palm of my support hand during long practice sessions.  The Vickers is just long enough to actuate easily, but not so long that it digs into your hand.  The corners are also nicely rounded off.

Edited by TalkingMonkey