Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Super Seniors" Get Major PF in USPSA Carry Optics?

Terp

I am not there yet, but came across a 'Super Senior' that was recorded as shooting MAJOR power factor...jumped out at me, as I thought all in carry optics are declared minor PF.

I check the rules...nothing. Mistake? 

From the rule book:

"Anyone signing up for Carry Optics is declaring minor power factor regardless if the ammunition makes major power factor at the chronograph. Should they be moved to another division, they will shoot minor for the entire match or sub-minor should their ammo fail to meet the minimum."

I didn't see any declarations under the 'Super Senior' section, either, so thought some of you older guys might know what's going on! :)

senior.thumb.png.14eba2fd843a1ae7fb84fde65e5fef82.png

42 minutes ago, Terp said:

I am not there yet, but came across a 'Super Senior' that was recorded as shooting MAJOR power factor...jumped out at me, as I thought all in carry optics are declared minor PF.

I check the rules...nothing. Mistake? 

From the rule book:

I didn't see any declarations under the 'Super Senior' section, either, so thought some of you older guys might know what's going on! :)

senior.thumb.png.14eba2fd843a1ae7fb84fde65e5fef82.png

Has to be a mistake - usually those get fixed either after the shooter goes through chronic or whenever stats catches it. 

It's a PractiScore (iOS/Android?) issue. I saw this while doing stats for New Mexico Sectional in early August when a shooter changed divisions from one that allowed major to a minor-only division. Edited the division only for the shooter, PF showed major. Had to save that change, then edit shooter again to set PF to minor.

Reported to PractiScore support.

Edited by NMBOpen

4 hours ago, NMBOpen said:

It's a PractiScore (iOS/Android?) issue. I saw this while doing stats for New Mexico Sectional in early August when a shooter changed divisions from one that allowed major to a minor-only division. Edited the division only for the shooter, PF showed major. Had to save that change, then edit shooter again to set PF to minor.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks everyone for the replies...won't send the G20sf off to be milled, then (when old enough). :)

4 hours ago, NMBOpen said:

Reported to PractiScore support.

Issue is on the match registration web site.