Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA primer pro collator

cvincent

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the PAL fillers worth the money? at this point I use all cci small primes, and have a couple thousand federal LPP I got in a trade I’m going to work through before moving to cci for those as well. With that said, is the vibra prime a decent option? Or is it worth it buy once and cry once in this situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Are the PAL fillers worth the money? at this point I use all cci small primes, and have a couple thousand federal LPP I got in a trade I’m going to work through before moving to cci for those as well. With that said, is the vibra prime a decent option? Or is it worth it buy once and cry once in this situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAL filler isn’t made anymore. There is the vibraprime, which is similar, but not as good. 

DAA, machine this out of aluminum, polish every surface, and charge $450-550 for one that works flawlessly when filthy.

If it’s VibraPrime or Racer-mag-pouch quality plastic, there’s no way I’d buy something for a mechanized task such as this. If it won’t feed 10,000 filthy primers without cleaning, it’s not fit for ownership by competitive shooters with 1050s.

Build it as well as the PAL filler, and I’ll buy one tomorrow.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

DAA, machine this out of aluminum, polish every surface, and charge $450-550 for one that works flawlessly when filthy.

If it’s VibraPrime or Racer-mag-pouch quality plastic, there’s no way I’d buy something for a mechanized task such as this. If it won’t feed 10,000 filthy primers without cleaning, it’s not fit for ownership by competitive shooters with 1050s.

Build it as well as the PAL filler, and I’ll buy one tomorrow.

Same

My RF100 needs cleaning more often than that, and constantly dumps upside down Federals into my tubes. So I'm not sure why people would expect this thing to not need cleaning, hell I clean and lube my presses more often than that, as many do, and I don't hear any bitching about that.

4 hours ago, slavex said:

My RF100 needs cleaning more often than that, and constantly dumps upside down Federals into my tubes. So I'm not sure why people would expect this thing to not need cleaning, hell I clean and lube my presses more often than that, as many do, and I don't hear any bitching about that.

I load 5-10k on a 1050 between cleanings.

I don’t own an RF100 for the reasons you cited. But then you just tripped yourself up, fanboy. Their entire marketing strategy was that this machine would be a cure all the problems of the RF100 at half the cost.

Instead it’s a thin Chinese plastic machine that has the same problems the Dillon unit does.

I have lots of things from DAA. Some of their stuff is fantastic (my bulletfeeder is terrific) and some of it needs work, like the racer mag pouches I own 10 of.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

4 hours ago, slavex said:

Oh? Really?

I have never cleaned my RF100 and I run Winchester Small Pistol Primers. You saw my video, right? Did you see any issues? And comparing the maintenance of a reloading press to a primer  tube filler is not reasonable. They are completely different machines. 

I guess the saying goes, "your mileage may vary."   

12 hours ago, TONY BARONE said:

I"m glad that I bought two Pal Fillers when they were available.

A little of subject, but I have to wonder why the Pal went away. People obviously liked it.

1 hour ago, Shep said:

A little of subject, but I have to wonder why the Pal went away. People obviously liked it.

The guy that made them was pretty much just doing it in his spare time. One day he woke up and decided he didn't want to anymore..

I got a "mk2" version with the extra plate and grooved track. Took a bit of fiddling to get to work (30 mins), but it appears to be running fine. 

Having a tube ready filled as soon as the primer alarm goes off really keeps a good work flow. 

For its price I'm really not complaining. Loaded up 800 rds in a jiffy and all the primers were right way up (magtech spp). 

I doubt whether I'll load more than 30k in a year, so it looks like it will be a useful gizmo to have on my bench. 

1 hour ago, Cliveb said:

I got a "mk2" version with the extra plate and grooved track. Took a bit of fiddling to get to work (30 mins), but it appears to be running fine. 

Having a tube ready filled as soon as the primer alarm goes off really keeps a good work flow. 

For its price I'm really not complaining. Loaded up 800 rds in a jiffy and all the primers were right way up (magtech spp). 

I doubt whether I'll load more than 30k in a year, so it looks like it will be a useful gizmo to have on my bench. 

What type of fiddling did you do? 

39 minutes ago, Furrly said:

What type of fiddling did you do? 

The installed V1 plate gave me upside down primers on the first tube, so I replaced it with the V2. Then I gradually loosened the grub screws under the plate to get a decent rate of feeding. When tightened down, the rate was way too slow. 

Then I wiped it all down with pledge and proceeded to get cracking. 

Edited by Cliveb

4 hours ago, Stymie12000 said:

They didn't send me a prepaid. Only a P.O. address and a physical address. Depending on if I ship USPS or FedEx/UPS...

Same here, $19.75 to ship a defective product back. Did not even have it for a week. Just wasted my time fooling with it

9 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I load 5-10k on a 1050 between cleanings.

I don’t own an RF100 for the reasons you cited. But then you just tripped yourself up, fanboy. Their entire marketing strategy was that this machine would be a cure all the problems of the RF100 at half the cost.

Instead it’s a thin Chinese plastic machine that has the same problems the Dillon unit does.

I have lots of things from DAA. Some of their stuff is fantastic (my bulletfeeder is terrific) and some of it needs work, like the racer mag pouches I own 10 of.

Because it was designed and built by someone else. 

1 hour ago, Cliveb said:

The installed V1 plate gave me upside down primers on the first tube, so I replaced it with the V2. Then I gradually loosened the grub screws under the plate to get a decent rate of feeding. When tightened down, the rate was way too slow. 

Then I wiped it all down with pledge and proceeded to get cracking. 

👍