Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brand NEW Build with Sky Customs!

YellowShooter

Alright here goes!

I having a new open gun build by Sky Customs, the owner CJ is a very friendly and knowledgeable guy!

This will be my first open gun, never even shot one, what I do have is a 2011 sight tracker built last year using mostly Infinity parts on a CK Frame.

All recommendations and comments a welcome!

Here is what I plan on getting:

Full size Cheely Heavy Open Frame with a Cheely E2 Aggresive Grip

Slide is up in the air right now as most ppl I do business with are out of stock.

5.4 Bull Barrel is also out of stock and it will be fitted with a Binary Engineering 3 port Ti Comp, I do have the comp.

Will run an RTS2 on a Wheely Mount, right next to it we will have a DAA Thumb Rest.

I picked the Extreme ignition kit and I will be rocking a Everglades Short Trigger, and for safety I will have the Double Tap shielded thingy.

The rest is pretty standard.

As I said before, this will be my first over open gun, I do plan on reloading for it, probably 124gr with some VV N320 or something

Again, any comments are welcome at this point =)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shmella is correct about VV N320, unless you are using it for Steel Challenge. In the VV powders with the BE comp you will be wanting 3N37, 3N38, or N105.

Your parts list looks good. You can check with the Brazos on the 1911 store for the slide.

Thank you guys!

After mucho consideration... I will swap the barrel to a 5" Hybrid.

Interesting, never even considered Atlas to get me a slide, I was going to wait for a Caspian or STI.

CANT WAIT FOR THIS!

In the meantime... I guess I can start thinking of color schemes... I have too many black and red gun... need to switch it up!

6 hours ago, YellowShooter said:

Quick update on the project!

All parts are in, now the wait begins... =(

Made some last min changes,

5" Hybrid Bull Barrel

picked up some DP 124 JHP and some HS-6 to go with it.

Probably will start a 8 grains at 1.150

What's the expected lead time?

That thing is going to be extremely heavy. I like a heavy gun. I have a Cheely Limited gun with the XWF frame and bull barrel, but a hybrid bull barrel, comp, mount, thumb rest and optic will make that thing a real tank. I bet it weighs close to 70 oz empty when it's done.

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

That thing is going to be extremely heavy. I like a heavy gun. I have a Cheely Limited gun with the XWF frame and bull barrel, but a hybrid bull barrel, comp, mount, thumb rest and optic will make that thing a real tank. I bet it weighs close to 70 oz empty when it's done.

Yeah... I think will definitely develop some muscle after wielding this thing :)

Did I mentioned that I also have a Brass magwell lol

• 3 months later...
On 10/3/2019 at 11:38 AM, YellowShooter said:

Did I mentioned that I also have a Brass magwell lol

Unless you have tried an open gun with a steel grip and a brass magwell, I suggest that you rethink the brass magwell option.  IMHO, they are great on plastic grip guns but overkill on a beast like this.

29 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Unless you have tried an open gun with a steel grip and a brass magwell, I suggest that you rethink the brass magwell option.  IMHO, they are great on plastic grip guns but overkill on a beast like this.

I came to same conclusion as well 

On 1/7/2020 at 9:28 AM, Balakay said:

Well, guess I am going to learn the hard way LOL

I am trying to defy the laws of physics and make it feel like a 22 😃

On 1/7/2020 at 9:57 AM, Posvar said:

I came to same conclusion as well 

Well if it really comes down to it ill 3D Print a magwell and swap.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

How much longer now ?

1 month or so I hope 😃

On 1/7/2020 at 8:18 AM, clw42 said:

Looking good.

Thank you thank you