Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO/Limited Nationals

PGGUNS

15 hours ago, egd5 said:

Hey Britin, I've been toying with the idea of "shooting" some of the local shoots with my camera. What shutter speed does it usually take to freeze the shell being ejected? Also, do you try to time it with single shots or spray and pray with fast fps? Thanks.

edg5

I've also started shooting at local matches, mainly to update our clubs site and I enjoy it as well.  I've wanted a DSLR for awhile as I've always been interested in photography however I'm too busy shooting sooooo I combined both 😃  I shoot in burst mode on my old Canon T3i and have decent results.

Shooting in aperture priority mode and just pay attention to that and the ISO to make sure the shutter speed is high enough.

This picture of Vogel was from 2 weeks ago, 1/1250 and the shells are pretty clear.

(link to fullsize so you can zoom in)

48785115601_db0d030bb3_c.jpg

Edited by JohnnyD

Our club just had a big shoot and I sure wished I'd have had my camera with me. I gave up hunting for photography about 8-10 years ago and I've pretty much given up that for shooting gun matches now, but I still miss it all. I just can't enjoy something in a reasonable way. I have to go overboard and let it consume me. But I haven't totally given up on the camera yet.