Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
PGGUNS

CO/Limited Nationals

Anyone know who’s in the super squads for CO/Limited in Nationals?  Practice score doesn’t list it yet.  

1 hour ago, BritinUSA said:

CE0A7BA5-AF35-4707-BE92-6F8AA2083DF9.thumb.jpeg.60ecff67b6c4e2b6f395936ffa68ec4a.jpeg

Keep us informed Britin

I wish there was a way to watch these squads, (other then being there in person, lol). Very interested to see Stoeger, Vogel, against JJ.   Well Coley as well.  That’s a hell of a squad in limited

29 minutes ago, PGGUNS said:

way to watch these squads,

People have live cast it in the past. It never sticks because it's a HUGE amount of work and zero return for it. Seems the best way now is to follow all of those people on instagram, as they all are getting the video from a phone and posting directly. The uspsa fb page does a good job of reposting videos from them as well.

52 minutes ago, PGGUNS said:

I wish there was a way to watch these squads, (other then being there in person, lol). Very interested to see Stoeger, Vogel, against JJ.   Well Coley as well.  That’s a hell of a squad in limited

Most likely Stoeger is going to have video up on his training group, and he'll explain what he did and why.

jesus...what a squad in limited. I'm hoping stoeger keeps his mouth shut while not shooting. Even if he does open his mouth, hopefully the others have the mental fortitude to tune him out.

in CO i'm rooting for mason lane and his #SHONats

Edited by ender

1 hour ago, ender said:

I'm hoping stoeger keeps his mouth shut while not shooting. Even if he does open his mouth, hopefully the others have the mental fortitude to tune him out

Thanks for sharing your opinion - it matters. 

12 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion - it matters. 

This is the internet, i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Either way, not trying to start an argument with you, I've just heard through various instructors that have shot with him. Granted it was years ago, perhaps things changed.

I was being sarcastic... sorry, couldnt help it :)  Everyone has their own opinions... i'm just looking forward to 'watching' the race (by constantly refreshing Practiscore Competitor app) - it should be a great  match.

The USPSA FB page was live streaming stages this afternoon. The recordings are up and available to watch now

54 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Just seven points in it after the first day in Limited. 
5C76E429-4FA0-4682-9172-5C7772F73768.thumb.jpeg.373a565ca0c33033726e9ba3e853c4de.jpeg

How do you get the app to display like this where the leader of part of the match is showing as 100%?

2 minutes ago, waktasz said:

How do you get the app to display like this where the leader of part of the match is showing as 100%?

From the Limited tab, tap the first name and it shows their results, then from that screen, tap their name again to add the other competitors.

oh it's doing it now. I hadn't updated mine with all of the stages yet.

It would be nice if you could select just the people in the super squad and rank them out of 100%, even if they only shot a few small round count stages. It just so happens Ben is appearing as winning the match right now but it's also possible that's only because the super squad shot all the big stages today. 

That would be cool for live-tracking of the results. Current results for CO are interesting...

Zone 3 scores will drop when the Super Squad gets there on Saturday, but this is still impressive. 

15570329-B91F-43F7-A2EC-EB95EE97E9AF.thumb.jpeg.d28a09fc27737e09c9775f683d836d2e.jpeg

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

The USPSA FB page was live streaming stages this afternoon. The recordings are up and available to watch now

They are still up on facebook for stages 4 and 6.

Is TGO not shooting limited nationals?

32 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

He is not shooting this match. 

Any idea why? Is he going to shoot the production or single stack or something and just keeping fresh for those matches?

Due to the stage designs there were no ideal places to put a down-range camera, so I did not take many photos. Here are a few of them.

KC_Eusebio_LVS07943.jpg

JJ_Racaza_LVS08560.jpg

Mason_Lane_LVS08121.jpg

Jessie_Harrison_LVS08921.jpg

Hwansik_Kim_LVS08081.jpg

Ben_Stoeger_LVS08657.jpg

Michelle_Viscusi_LVS09867.jpg

Max_Michel_LVS08249.jpg

Hey Britin, I've been toying with the idea of "shooting" some of the local shoots with my camera. What shutter speed does it usually take to freeze the shell being ejected? Also, do you try to time it with single shots or spray and pray with fast fps? Thanks.

The photo of KC was at 1/4000th and that froze the bullet, shell casings should freeze around 1/1000th maybe lower depending on the slide velocity. I usually hit a burst of photos just before I expect the shot(s) to be fired and hope for the best. The faster the FPS the greater the chance of getting a hit, I’m usually running at 20 frames per second.