Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Viper ?? vs. Strike Eagle vs. Razor

chauncey

Thank.you, great post

Thank you to all of you that contributed

In the long run I am looking at wanting/needing 2-3 scopes. 

I would like to put "hands on" a Triji 1-8. If a good enough sale comes up on this, I am thinking I will go for it. If not, I will probably get a Viper now, and the Triji 1-8 later.

I am prioritizing 2 new uppers, with a mind toward 2020 being an election year, and all the possible legal and market ramifications that go with it. That will probably NOT affect optics purchases.

• 7 months later...

Well I got the Viper

Liked it, so I bought a second

Illumination doesnt work

I will not be buying a 3rd Vortex

Back to reading forums and reviews

I want tried and tested products, not tried and tested warranty departments

3 hours ago, chauncey said:

Well I got the Viper

Liked it, so I bought a second

Illumination doesnt work

I will not be buying a 3rd Vortex

Back to reading forums and reviews

I want tried and tested products, not tried and tested warranty departments

We get it. Your second Viper showed up broke and you're mad. No need to hit every scope thread on the internet about it.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:08 PM, TonytheTiger said:

We get it. Your second Viper showed up broke and you're mad. No need to hit every scope thread on the internet about it.

What are you on the payroll? It was 3 threads. There are multiple positive reviews, and I have a negative one. It's a free country (well, maybe not, these days) but reader's still have the opportunity to draw their own conclusions.

If you feel my input is excessive or unfair,  then pull my posts or cancel my privileges.

I get pissed being a beta tester. And I came on the pre-eminent 3gun forum to get purchasing advise and when the product sucked right out of the box, to complain about it.

I ordered a Steiner P4xi and if that sucks too, I'll post about it in several threads where the product is discussed, unless my privileges are revoked by then.

On second thought, please delete all my posts and nuke my forum membership.

Have a nice day.

Edited by chauncey
Thanks, now I am even more pissed

5 hours ago, chauncey said:

What are you on the payroll? It was 3 threads. There are multiple positive reviews, and I have a negative one. It's a free country (well, maybe not, these days) but reader's still have the opportunity to draw their own conclusions.

If you feel my input is excessive or unfair,  then pull my posts or cancel my privileges.

I get pissed being a beta tester. And I came on the pre-eminent 3gun forum to get purchasing advise and when the product sucked right out of the box, to complain about it.

I ordered a Steiner P4xi and if that sucks too, I'll post about it in several threads where the product is discussed, unless my privileges are revoked by then.

On second thought, please delete all my posts and nuke my forum membership.

Have a nice day.

I can't help you with all that, I'm not a moderator. You just seem to be taking it very personally that you got a busted scope. It happens all the time, from every manufacturer, you're not alone. Go on any glass snob forum and you'll see that things just slip through the cracks sometimes but any reputable company will get you taken care of.