Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Racker ?

TANFARM

17 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

How did you bend the slide racker on your CM?  Ive been wanting to do it but i have not clue on how to do it. 

That's an SV 45 degree racker milled for the Czechmate. I tried heating and bending the stock CM racker, only lasted about 500 rounds.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:45 PM, regor said:

I recall someone mentioning this in a thread on the CZ forum. They said clamp the flat in a vice, wrap the handle portion in tape to protect the finish, and bend it over with a hammer. 

Thanks, I'll look in to that. 

On 10/24/2019 at 1:16 PM, accu9 said:

That's an SV 45 degree racker milled for the Czechmate. I tried heating and bending the stock CM racker, only lasted about 500 rounds.

This way probably the best thing to do, what milling is needed to get it fit?  Ive just started shooting open about 6 weeks ago. So, that being said.  Im super noob.  Lol

16 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

This way probably the best thing to do, what milling is needed to get it fit?  Ive just started shooting open about 6 weeks ago. So, that being said.  Im super noob.  Lol

maybe throw a question in the gunsmithing section for the milling required for the ziggy... i have seen a lot of youtube videos making this cut but idk what tooling it is.  GL

1 minute ago, Joeyxbat said:

@Blurryvisions Great idea,  Thanks! 

I am here for you buddy.  my Atlas gun has the ziggy on it, and my brothers open gun has it to.  I like it cause its out of the way.  I never liked slide rackers in the past but i am starting to become a fan of them... the fact that i don't have to look down to rack it like i used to is nice once its practiced.  I have a lot of videos showing me turn the gun sideways to grab the slide and rack it. didn't realize it was costing me a bunch of time and i had to take my eyes off the target.  anyway good luck again hope you find what you need.

22 hours ago, Blurryvisions said:

I am here for you buddy.  my Atlas gun has the ziggy on it, and my brothers open gun has it to.  I like it cause its out of the way.  I never liked slide rackers in the past but i am starting to become a fan of them... the fact that i don't have to look down to rack it like i used to is nice once its practiced.  I have a lot of videos showing me turn the gun sideways to grab the slide and rack it. didn't realize it was costing me a bunch of time and i had to take my eyes off the target.  anyway good luck again hope you find what you need.

Thank you great infos @Blurryvisions,  yes i too turn the gun to the side. Yesterday, i managed to get a slightly used 2011 custom open with slide racker installed on the weak side. I am really liking it on that side. I now I'll be keep czechmate as  a back up.