Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 40 round Glock mag from ETS

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, SergioSF said:

I agree.  Perhaps they were thinking that it's easier to load em up with the flat base.

I actually contacted them about this.  They said it’s because they don’t want people attaching extensions to them and making the mags unreliable and then blaming ets for the unreliability.

49 minutes ago, CalTeacher said:

I actually contacted them about this.  They said it’s because they don’t want people attaching extensions to them and making the mags unreliable and then blaming ets for the unreliability.

I guess that makes sense from their perspective. 

Despite this, I still really like them. They've been more reliable than my Glock or ETS mags with TTI +10s.

1 hour ago, nickforney said:

Tag I had some in my cart but would love to hear more peoples insight now that they have been out for a while.

Don’t be scared, Go ahead and order a couple. They’re only $17.99/each and they work great. 
(unless you’re using polymer jacketed bullets)

8 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Where are you finding them for 17.99?

At DK firearms. But now the price went up. It’s $19.99 now. Gunmagwarehouse has em for same price. 
Still, it’s a fantastic deal considering that’s still roughly half the cost of a +10 extension. 

What ever it is it is sticky and as black as a whores heart.  I have strongly considered looking into trying to make a piston system work because of the schmutz...

Back on topic though, all of my 40s have been used and tested now, and I am thrilled with them, no complaints whatsoever.

Edited by barrysuperhawk
On 10/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, nickforney said:

Tag I had some in my cart but would love to hear more peoples insight now that they have been out for a while.

Buddy of mine ordered 2, one for me and one for himself. We went to the all PCC match our local club put on Sunday with zero testing (unless you count loading the mags the night before), easily loaded 41 in them, ran them through the entire match without a single issue in either of our guns. Worked out alright for me - scored a match win. Not a lot of rounds but good enough that I'm going to keep running them and help me start the journey toward recovery of my clear mag/ETS phobia.

1 hour ago, Hihellosup said:

So any coated bullets are a no-go for these magazines? I'm specifically shooting Brazos 147's, which are a "hi-tek gold" coating.

OEM Glock 33rd + Taran base pads pay for themselves (eventually) if I can shoot cheaper coated bullets.

only one person has reported this issue .

There are 5 of these being used at my club all use coated bullets no one is having any problems. 

20 minutes ago, AHI said:

only one person has reported this issue .

There are 5 of these being used at my club all use coated bullets no one is having any problems. 

Ah, thank you. I know coated are common here but I was unsure when no one else mentioned it. I'm in for a few then!

Coincidentally, there is a new video up on Military Arms Channel where he has horrible feeding problems in a new Stribog PCC using federal syntech PCC ammo. In his update video, he speculated the same as the other poster - that the straight walled magazine didn't like the polymer on polymer friction.

I can confirm that these REALLY do not like polymer coated bullets.  Mine have been 100% so far, except for twice when I loaned one to a fellow competitor that was using coated bullets.  He had jams both times but when he shot my fmj, no problem....  

I have a .stl file for about a +12 extension that I am working on.  I need to tweak it, because the mag is physically bigger at the basepad than the 30s, but I am working on it...

Edited by barrysuperhawk
  • 3 months later...

Finally tried the 40 rounders.  $18 at Botach.  Arrived 2 days after order sent.  124s and 147s ran without any problems loaded to 40 rounds.  I was surprised that you could load 40 rounds on a closed bolt.

The only problem was that with 6 magazines, only one would drop free.  Has anyone found a solution to this?