Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 40 round Glock mag from ETS

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought three of these: First thing I noticed was one of them had the follower pushed downward. If I loaded them with 40- 41 rounds they would not drop free. I down load 3 rounds and they drop free.

I ran them at a steel challenge match and they were very inconsistent with double feeds in at least one string per stage. I was very disappointed.. I do run BBI so maybe I need to try plated bullets.. 

Edited by lstone

When I bought my GMR-15 from Shooter's Connection, they were out of ETS 40's.  When I picked it up, my shop had one mag in stock.  I picked it up, and tried to keep an open mind.  I know many had posted here that they ran great, but I was afraid I was going to get what I paid for (not much).  I was WRONG.  So wrong, that I've bought two more.  I've shot 2000 thru the JP, and over half have been thru one of the three ETS mags.  

The only thing that might be better than their mags is the C.A.M. loader.  With it, a 40 round mag can be loaded in under a minute.  It does require a good bit of force when using old, beat up range brass.  With once fired or factory ammo, it still requires some effort and table/barrel to push down on, but is easier.  A Glock 31 rounder with a TF +10 takes more force than the ETS 40, but the spring is new.  A 31 rounder with a TF Goliath is easier.  After loading it a couple times by hand to give the spring a set, I knew I needed a loader.  Loading the last 10 was a struggle.

FYI, the ammo is mostly MGB 115 JHP's & 115 CMJ's reloads and a couple hundred Speer Lawman 115 TMJ's.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've shot about 3 USPSA matches with it and they work. So I'm pretty happy and trust it. But it's ETS... they really don't give a damn about QC and they do have variance from piece to piece from batch to batch. So... it works for me, but I still wouldn't recommend them.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:54 PM, BartCarter said:

Finally tried the 40 rounders.  $18 at Botach.  Arrived 2 days after order sent.  124s and 147s ran without any problems loaded to 40 rounds.  I was surprised that you could load 40 rounds on a closed bolt.

The only problem was that with 6 magazines, only one would drop free.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

Called ETS.  I asked if I could sand a little on the "fat" part of the magazine to make it drop free.  They told me that I could and if not satisfied, I could exchange them.  That sounds like they stand behind their products.  I'm happy at this point.

On 3/4/2020 at 5:40 PM, BartCarter said:

Called ETS.  I asked if I could sand a little on the "fat" part of the magazine to make it drop free.  They told me that I could and if not satisfied, I could exchange them.  That sounds like they stand behind their products.  I'm happy at this point.

Yeah they do seem willing to replace mags. But knowingly shipping broken mags to begin with is very wrong. This was extremely apparent with the p320 mags.

They KNOW there's something wrong but basically deal with it on the tail side. I think that's shady. My replacement p320 mags still don't work, but why would I call them again, trash is trash even when replaced with more trash.

Again, my 40rders work, I think they are great. But would not recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Derdang said:

I got two 40 round magazine so far. 700 rounds and one match with them. Have not seen a hint of a problem with them. They work really well with my set up. I order more so we will see.

Which PCC are you running?

• 6 months later...

I own one of their 30 round magazines. It feels cheap like it's going to break HOWEVER....

It doesn't break and I just can't kill it! 🤣🤣

Looks tacky too, but I think I may get a few more and just spray-paint them some opaque color. 

Edited by DyNo!

Since this was revised I'll post a picture of an extension I designed and printed. I haven't had time to test it yet. But they feed while operating by hand. Hopefully I will get some time soon to test it. 

1353827940_20200611_19212963685.thumb.jpg.7cdc73346f928bee746447e48adcf42d.jpg

Edited by Kokeman
  • 2 weeks later...

I had issues with the 30-rounders and was skeptical when the 40s were released.  Picked a couple of and have had no issues.  After I clean them I put a light coat of oil where the double-stack goes down to single.  ETS had recommended this directly.  And when I mean light, I put oil on a cotton swap and just run it around inside.  Did the same for the 30's and they seem to be working as well. 

I have since bought even more 40-rounders.  I shoot Steel Challenge with my PC  Carbine and pretty much have enough to complete a complete match without having to reload magazines.

I like the ETS mags as there is no guessing how many rounds are left and the price is right...

Edited by bigdawgbeav
On 3/6/2020 at 9:48 AM, PigSnowball said:

Yeah they do seem willing to replace mags. But knowingly shipping broken mags to begin with is very wrong. This was extremely apparent with the p320 mags.

They KNOW there's something wrong but basically deal with it on the tail side. I think that's shady. My replacement p320 mags still don't work, but why would I call them again, trash is trash even when replaced with more trash.

Again, my 40rders work, I think they are great. But would not recommend them.

That's been Springfield Armory's MO for years. Knowing put out crap QC, then fix as necessary, knowing there's a percentage of us who will fix it ourselves unless it's a major component/issue.

They built their outstanding customer service reputation on their crap QC reputation. At least the 41 round magazine only costs me $22.00, and works in most cases works fine.

I have two of the ETS 40's and four of the ETS 30's and they've been 100%.

My first PCC was with a Colt mag lower and if I dumped a mag with ammo in it there would usually be rounds flying all over the place. I've dumped the 3o's numerous times with rounds in them and nothing happens and no cracks in the mags.