Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

switching from Sidemore to RTS2 type....

docscoutjr

So in discussing my new top end with my gunsmith he said "and what about this thing hanging off the side", I thought he meant my flat thumb rest, but he was referring to my side mount c-more.  I started out like most people with the traditional vertical mount and HATED it because of the holdover/under issues and then went with a Quinn 90 and was happy as a clam.  But now I do like the idea of a less obstructed view on the left side and overall cleaner set up of a RTS2 type sight.  For those who have made the transition has it been worth it? 

I went to the 90 degree mount with Cmore as you did.. then tried the RTS2... because it was unreliable (kept cutting on/off)  sent it back to Cmore… when it came back.. it did the same thing.... got rid of it & went back to the 90 degree mount & Cmore set up .. 

I ran the sidemore setup for a few years, then switched to the rts2 and prefer it 

it sits a tad higher and it clears the ejection like the 90, but it leaves the back of the slide accessible 

now almost all of my slide rides sit on PCCs

I myself would not go back to the 90 deg mount after running a RTS2..  I have a ver4 which has been reliable.  There is now a ver5 available that I have not seen allot of feedback on yet but is reported to have some fixes for previous issues..

I have to say I am at the point where I am ordering replacement parts for my slide rides.  I have one that is easily 15 years old and still going.  C-more has been SUPER nice btw, like really nice.  Great question as to why c-more can't make a "compact" serendipity style scope, and one that doesn't eat batteries and uses less expensive ones.  My trijicon RMR was on in my safer for a month, still going strong and bright (guess what they say is true).  

As always, thanks for your feedback.  

slide ride is hard to beat. almost total reliability, cheap, solid. for me the heght of the red dot over the bore line was never a real issue

i tried mini dots (ddp) but i was a lot slower so went back to the vertical slideride

i am now testing on my CM n.2 a bracket for the ddp that i designed. the ddp sits right at the back of the gun slide. ths setup is very comfortable for me, and cant really see any performance difference with the CM n.1 still equipped with the slideride

i still shoot matches with the slideride, until im sure the DDP is realiable enough

On 9/25/2019 at 5:42 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Anybody know what the top 20 Open shooters at the Nationals were using ?

1. DPP

2. Slide Ride

3. Bushnell

4. 510c

5. RTS2

6. Slide Ride

7. RTS2

8. ?

9. RTS2

10. ?

11. DPP

12. RTS2.

13. RTS2

14. RTS2

15. RTS2

1 hour ago, echotango said:

1. DPP

2. Slide Ride

3. Bushnell

4. 510c

5. RTS2

6. Slide Ride

7. RTS2

8. ?

9. RTS2

10. ?

11. DPP

12. RTS2.

13. RTS2

14. RTS2

15. RTS2

so the answer is really run whatever you like and works with your gun. As long as you can see it and its reliable enough it doesn't matter.

3 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

so the answer is really run whatever you like and works with your gun. As long as you can see it and its reliable enough it doesn't matter.

As usual. 😁

As you know... equipment is what guys talk about online because it’s something interesting that can fill the slow hours at work or at home.

In practice 95% of the gear choices don’t matter, as long as the option you choose is reliable, and you practice.

CZ vs Tanfo vs Glock in production?

Atlas vs Akai, etc in Open?

Holosun 510 vs CMore on your open gun?

They just really don’t matter much.