Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost holster non compliant

zhuk

After using a Bladetech bucket (which tbh sat too close to my body and sometimes trapped my thumb between it and my hipbone, impeding the draw), I settled on a Ghost 3g thunder kydex, it fitted great and felt a whole lot better. 

Unfortunately, now I have the opposite problem lol...measuring from the closest point of the grip (Shadow v.1) to my body is more than 50mm...by at least 1.5cm. Only thing I can think of doing is cutting the spacers/bolts shorter so the gun will sit closer...but I'd rather have some spares to work with in case I stuff the originals up.

Contacted Ghost international to see if they sell spare hardware, but got no reply. Has anyone else had compliance issues with these holsters?

IMG-24092019-080010-960-x-1280-pixel.jpg

Edited by zhuk

20 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Lay the belt inner and outer flat on a table with the gun in it and then measure from the grip to the table.. what’s that measurement?

20 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Also, I think that holster is designed for IPSC which has (I think) a 5cm / 2.5” requirement. You should be able to get spacers and shorter bolts from your local hardware store.

It's not the measurement from the gun to the belt, but the measurement from the gun to the competitor's torso which is the issue..the measuring must take place with the rig in situ, same as for the all equipment 50mm minimum behind the hipbone rule (obviously heh)

Good idea on the hardware store, thanks (bolts should helpfully be metric, plus I own a Dremel)

Just not sure if I will be able to source the correct dimension spacers (though if so will probably have to buy a pack of 50 lol)

Edited by zhuk

IPSC does have the 50mm rule. How gear on the belt works out will depend on the shape and composition of your body.

My example: belts sink into me a bit, so most gear comes closer to my skin - except Safariland's long revolver speedloaders that stick out in front og me :D

2 hours ago, perttime said:

IPSC does have the 50mm rule. How gear on the belt works out will depend on the shape and composition of your body.

My example: belts sink into me a bit, so most gear comes closer to my skin - except Safariland's long revolver speedloaders that stick out in front og me :D

oh.

i realized . he needs to replace his torso .😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, Edge40 said:

The belt won’t help make it compliant. The measurement for USPSA is made from the belt not the body. 

The measurement is made from the inside of the innermost belt, so theoretically if you moved from a thick double belt to a thinner belt, it could help. It wouldn’t be the change I would choose to make, but it could work. 

On 10/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, Edge40 said:

The belt won’t help make it compliant. The measurement for USPSA is made from the belt not the body. 

It would def help but wouldn't make up for that much in the end.  Depends on how close it is before you switch.