Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Shadow trigger problem

Blackstone45

I noticed an issue with my Shadow 1, where if I pull the trigger with sideways pressure to the right, the hammer often won't drop. I admit I've never given the gun a full clean as I'm rather intimidated by the steps to disassemble then reassemble it. So there is a fair bit of gunk in around the sear and under the trigger bar. Could this be causing the issue? I've got somewhere between 5-6000 rounds through the gun.

I should add that this only happens in DA. In single action, the hammer always falls no matter how much sideways pressure I put on the trigger

Edited by Blackstone45

Check your hammer spring.

When my 13 lbs CGW hammer spring had 3 coils cut down I started noticing this problem, with 5 coils down it happened quite often. Back on stock spring the problem was gone. I'm on eemann 9 lbs spring unless I pull the trigger very very slowly I don't have this issue anymore.

I did notice, with slide off, that the sear gage moves back a bit, when I pulled the trigger very slowly, that movement might've caused some geometry changes. Thumb pressing down safety seems help a bit (to keep sear cage in place). Not sure that's a fitting/wearing issue or is it amplified with a weaker hammer spring.

SA always drops clean with zero creep. At one stage I was thinking about SAO conversion.

Edited by Hauraki

1 hour ago, Hauraki said:

Check your hammer spring.

When my 13 lbs CGW hammer spring had 3 coils cut down I started noticing this problem, with 5 coils down it happened quite often. Back on stock spring the problem was gone. I'm on eemann 9 lbs spring unless I pull the trigger very very slowly I don't have this issue anymore.

I did notice, with slide off, that the sear gage moves back a bit, when I pulled the trigger very slowly, that movement might've caused some geometry changes. Thumb pressing down safety seems help a bit (to keep sear cage in place). Not sure that's a fitting/wearing issue or is it amplified with a weaker hammer spring.

SA always drops clean with zero creep. At one stage I was thinking about SAO conversion.

Yes playing around with it, I found the same - that if I pushed the safety down a bit, it would cause the hammer to drop. I guess when i detail strip it later this week, it'll be a good opportunity to learn the actual inner workings of the gun