Shooting Better with or without friends on squad

Sparky

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I have issues with anxiety when I shoot with friends. It's not their fault at all, I am just so anxious about keeping up with them and making sure they will still like me after a bad stage. It's very stupid but I have not been able to conquer it yet.

23 minutes ago, sc68cal said:

I have issues with anxiety when I shoot with friends. It's not their fault at all, I am just so anxious about keeping up with them and making sure they will still like me after a bad stage. It's very stupid but I have not been able to conquer it yet.

My friends like me more when I have a bad stage!

• 2 weeks later...

Just talked about this with some buddies recently so well timed for me to see this post.
It depends on the match for me.
If it is locals - all buddies, all the time.  I love spending time with them and we have a wonderful time and catch up and enjoy shooting.
If it is big matches - I love my friends, but it is usually easier to focus with just 1 or 2 of the more serious ones that are taking the big match seriously than if the whole crew is there.  If the whole crew is there - I will have a great time, but my score will suffer a little bit I am sure because I am not getting time to run the stage in my head/not getting my head in the game as well.  
Trade off though is that if the whole crew is there for a big match - that support system is right there to pull you up out if things go off the rails on a stage.

• 9 months later...

Seems to me that when I shoot alone if I’m not working on something in particular I get lost in regards to goals.  When I shoot with others I’m more accountable.  This is in regards to pistols.  Rifle is a different animal.