Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did something dumb

MattCan

I got a new 2011 DVC open, and second time disassembled it and then assembled back after cleaning. I don’t know what I did wrong but I am not able to move the slide anymore, it is locked. Feel really stupid :( 

any idea what could I have done wrong and hopefully how to fix it?

thanks.

7 hours ago, dansedgli said:

I bet your guide rod is upside down. Rubber mallet on the back to get the slide off. 

But to do that I should somehow remove the slide lock, and for that I need to be able to move the slide to the right position. I hope I don’t break something. 

I don't think you can get it put back together this way, but check to see of the end of the guide rod fell inside of the spring plug. If the gr is cut short, it can sometimes fall in off the inside bearing surface. 

Edited by echotango

32 minutes ago, MattCan said:

But to do that I should somehow remove the slide lock, and for that I need to be able to move the slide to the right position. I hope I don’t break something. 

in same way u assembled slide lock same way remove it .it need some nice hand force  and not viking hammer.😉

1 hour ago, echotango said:

I don't think you can get it put back together this way, but check to see of the end of the guide rod fell inside of the spring plug. If the gr is cut short, it can sometimes fall in off the inside bearing surface. 

See the pic please, not sure if guide rod fell inside. Tried really hard pulling it to both sides but it sound like getting stuck with something.

D420A2E8-FB20-49C4-B379-2144705911BB.jpeg

13 minutes ago, MattCan said:

See the pic please, not sure if guide rod fell inside. Tried really hard pulling it to both sides but it sound like getting stuck with something.

D420A2E8-FB20-49C4-B379-2144705911BB.jpeg

No, it is sticking out.  As some suggested, perhaps put the racker back on and keep trying.  Maybe a rubber mallet but don't get crazy. 

By the looks of it is it not in battery.  Correct?  The slide cut is not lining up with the dust cover and the gr is sticking out a little. 

Edited by echotango

No, it is sticking out.  As some suggested, perhaps put the racker back on and keep trying.  Maybe a rubber mallet but don't get crazy. 

By the looks of it is it not in battery.  Correct?  The slide cut is not lining up with the dust cover. 

Yep, not fully back at battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just guessing, but if the slide stop is not through the link, there would be nothing to pull the barrel down whenretracting the slide.  Perhaps you can apply pressure to the barrel hood while trying to retract the slide to push the barrel down and  clear the locking lugs.

Edited by Guy Neill

12 minutes ago, Guy Neill said:

Just guessing, but if the slide stop is not through the link, there would be nothing to pull the barrel down whenretracting the slide.  Perhaps you can apply pressure to the barrel hood while trying to retract the slide to push the barrel down and  clear the locking lugs.

Try this.