Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 in Limited

Stafford

I know the TSO in .40 is more of a Limited design, but do competitors specifically buy and shoot a Shadow 2 for Limited Minor? I noticed some guys at my local match who were shooting Shadow 2’s and I thought they were shooting Production but when I saw scores posted, they were listed as Limited Minor. Also saw a guy shooting a TSO and I guessed he was shooting Major, but he was also listed as Minor. The majority of Limited shooters were shooting Minor. 

So, I assume that some people now buy a Shadow 2 or similar Production competition pistol but use it for Limited.

I know the TSO in .40 is more of a Limited design, but do competitors specifically buy and shoot a Shadow 2 for Limited Minor? I noticed some guys at my local match who were shooting Shadow 2’s and I thought they were shooting Production but when I saw scores posted, they were listed as Limited Minor. Also saw a guy shooting a TSO and I guessed he was shooting Major, but he was also listed as Minor. The majority of Limited shooters were shooting Minor. 

So, I assume that some people now buy a Shadow 2 or similar Production competition pistol but use it for Limited.
some competitors will run their mags to full capacity if the match favors hosing. great for local matches but not favorable for majors. just depends what your budget is for ammo, mags, etc

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Few people would buy the Shadow 2 specifically for Limited because there are better options for the similar money. Those people where probably either practicing for a different sport that has a different capacity or just having fun at a local without a lot of care about winning.

You can be pretty competitive at many local matches shooting minor. The difference starts to show when the “heat” shows up hot with major PF pistols. Minor is simply not competitive when someone can hose targets without fear of Charlie’s.

On 9/22/2019 at 3:55 PM, Stafford said:

some people now buy a Shadow 2 or similar Production competition pistol but use it for Limited

I wonder if those people fully understand the scoring system of the game they play... And if they do and still make the decision to shoot L/minor, then i dont think they care about being truly competitive.  I think the few individuals, if any,  who might be crushing it in a larger pool of talent are more of an anecdote than anything of a norm, IMHO.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have never seen or heard of anything doing that! Shooting Minor 9mm in Limited puts you at a big point disadvantage unless your very accurate while maintaining top speed. The only rationale I could see someone shooting Shadow 2 in minor would be the following... I own a shadow 2 that sometimes I will put a magwell on along with SAO trigger and use 140mm magazines because I love it as my 3gun handgun. If you had a gun set up that way and didn't want to reload often then this setup could definitely be fun to shoot. Although still it will not be competitive for 99% of people. I end up changing my gun back to production each time I use it for USPSA.

• 3 weeks later...