Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 G17 - ammo selection

Stafford

Looking for a factory ammo would work well for USPSA Limited Minor. I’ve shot S&B, Magtech and Fiocchi recently and didn’t see much difference. All were good. Pretty sure I’ve shot some WWB as well. I don’t think I’ve ran anything but 115 grain in this pistol. My guess is that most any factory ammo will work just fine. But, if a heavier grain would be more accurate or softer recoiling, I’d try to out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 10:12 PM, rovpilot337 said:

I use the Federal Syntech 150 grain in mine and they shoot very well. 

You're using that in a Gen5 with the Marksman barrel?  I would've bet good money that the long fat bullet would stick in the very short throat of that barrel.  I've seen 135 Hornady FlexLocks stick in Gen5's....

Edited by Braxton1

On 9/22/2019 at 9:58 PM, Ssanders224 said:

Precision Delta 147gr. 

Silly soft in a Shadow, and is an official ammo of USPSA. 

Check out the “MatchPacks”. 

This! Very good stuff! I think it comes out to $10.5 per box(50 rnds) shipped.  You can't buy anything else for that price!

I can verify it will work in a gen 5. 

Edited by B_RAD

On 10/7/2019 at 9:25 AM, Braxton1 said:

You're using that in a Gen5 with the Marksman barrel?  I would've bet good money that the long fat bullet would stick in the very short throat of that barrel.  I've seen 135 Hornady FlexLocks stick in Gen5's....

Yes sir. Gen 5 with the Marksman barrel. I probably have 2000 rounds through it with syntech 150's with no issues so far... knock on wood.

No issues shooting Syntech 150 in Glock 34.5 MOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does the 150gr Syntech plunk and spin or has it just not malfunctioned yet?

G34.5 plunk and spin with no issues. My only issue is between my ears. Sometimes my thumb rides up and slows down the slide.

7 hours ago, dg370 said:

G34.5 plunk and spin with no issues. My only issue is between my ears. Sometimes my thumb rides up and slows down the slide.

that’s why I like 124g. 147 feels like the slide is moving really slow. 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:25 AM, Braxton1 said:

It is truncated so it is not long, and it is no fatter than any other 9mm. OAL is 1.116

• 2 weeks later...