Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-5 with Holosun 507 ?

jcc7x7

I know I'll need a plate to fit the RMR screw pattern.

The question is: would someone with a Holoson 507 or 407 measure how high the rear of the optic is

from the plate/mounting area to the top of the plate where the adjusting screw (elevation) is.

Want to know if I'll be able to see the sight with suppressor sights on it.

Got a bunch of x-5's and slides and want to purpose one for nightstand use!

1 minute ago, Rolex said:

Ask Eric- AirCooledRacer- he might know- my 507 will be in Monday- got the plate from Springer today-

Figure he'll chime in any time now!

Got a bunch of sig Romeo1's I had great success with but don't want to pull one off of a slide to repurpose it etc.

thanks

Neil

Hello: Yes I am running a Holosun 507C with the Springer plate. The distance from the back of the slide to the top of the 507C is 0.446" where you adjust the elevation. The bottom of window is a little higher up maybe 0.020" or so. The Springer plate is 0.146" thick. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

IMG_2903.jpg

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Hello: I am just using the 2 MOA dot for now instead of the 35 MOA circle. I may try the circle next weekend. I am also just using it in manual setting mod so I can turn the dot up or down in brightness. Turn it full bright for close hosier stages and pin point for tight longer shot stages. I am going to try my extra one on my PCC or Ruger 10/22 steel rifle next. I am really liking the smaller dot size even in the bright sun. Only problem I have had so far was not turning it on at an IDPA match that I shot a couple of weeks ago. No sight picture in IDPA didn't help. Now I just look down when it is my holster to make sure I have it on. The sleep mod works great if you leave it on. Thanks, Eric

Just came back from range- springer RMR plate and Holosun HE507C GR dot.

In 80 rounds the LCI had clouded up the glass- and shooting into the sun made

it even more interesting- like shooting in a fog- poor choice on Sig's part using

a barrel with an LCI- for an optic gun-at 100 rounds had to clean glass with an

alcohol wipe- SIG you listening? 😡

8 minutes ago, Rolex said:

Just came back from range- springer RMR plate and Holosun HE507C GR dot.

In 80 rounds the LCI had clouded up the glass- and shooting into the sun made

it even more interesting- like shooting in a fog- poor choice on Sig's part using

a barrel with an LCI- for an optic gun-at 100 rounds had to clean glass with an

alcohol wipe- SIG you listening? 😡

You better give them a call right away so you can send it back to them for barrel replacement. 

On 9/20/2019 at 10:44 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am just using the 2 MOA dot for now instead of the 35 MOA circle. I may try the circle next weekend. I am also just using it in manual setting mod so I can turn the dot up or down in brightness. Turn it full bright for close hosier stages and pin point for tight longer shot stages. I am going to try my extra one on my PCC or Ruger 10/22 steel rifle next. I am really liking the smaller dot size even in the bright sun. Only problem I have had so far was not turning it on at an IDPA match that I shot a couple of weeks ago. No sight picture in IDPA didn't help. Now I just look down when it is my holster to make sure I have it on. The sleep mod works great if you leave it on. Thanks, Eric

the 35 moa circle covers the entire A zone, as i tried it yesterday

7 hours ago, Rolex said:

the 35 moa circle covers the entire A zone, as i tried it yesterday

When I first mounted the 507c, I was using the large circle. I found that I would begin accepting marginal sight pictures and accuracy suffered. Once I switched to just the 2 MOA dot, I never went back.