Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
ysrracer

Do these primers look OK to you guys? 929 / picture

My bone stock 929 was getting light strikes on Winchester White Box, even with it's 24 pound stock trigger pull :)

So I installed an Apex extended firing pin, Apex comp rebound spring, and  a Jerry Miculek main spring. I also switched to factory Federal ammo.

it's much lighter, with 100% ignition. But the primers look like this. Are they ok?

(in case you're wondering I'm obviously not a gunsmith, I just wanted to shoot the damn thing before I brought it to one :) )

414298588.jpg

Edited by ysrracer

Look fine to me

Go and shoot!!!!

Im looking at them on my phone so its not clear, but are all those primers pierced?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

As a shooter that has been reloading for over 40 years ,I can assure you  your fired primers look normal. Your 24 pound double action pull however is not, most factory guns are @ 12 pounds, you should be able to get down to 8 1/2 pounds with Winchester primers and below 7 with well seated Federal primers and a good action job. 

7 minutes ago, 357454 said:

As a shooter that has been reloading for over 40 years ,I can assure you  your fired primers look normal. Your 24 pound double action pull however is not, most factory guns are @ 12 pounds, you should be able to get down to 8 1/2 pounds with Winchester primers and below 7 with well seated Federal primers and a good action job. 

Thanks, I'm just guessing at 24 pounds, probably closer to 36 :)

Did they make the boom booms? 

Yes ? - You good.