Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Table Start

mont1120

7 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Can you guide m to rule #1 in the book?😎

Interpreting a rule different than another RO does not make one a dick.

Agreed. But going out of your way to interpret every rule in the way that screws the shooter the most IS being a dick. Something that neither of us do, but we all know those guys who want to call every foot fault a significant advantage, etc. 

The only argument I could see leading to a DQ from the gun falling over on the table (assuming nothing else happens like it falling off the table or pointing in an unsafe direction, etc.) is that when you put it on the table you weren’t “dropping” it because you “safely and intentionally” placed it on a “stable object” (10.5.3), but if it fell over then it wasn’t safe and/or stable. 

It’s a pretty big stretch and a clear violation of Rule #1 of  ROing (DBAD), but I could see someone making the argument. 
But if the gun falls off the table or even falls and muzzles someone/180's, how is it the shooters fault and responsibility when they were not in control at the time and the gun was placed in accordance with the rules?

I can't be blamed for acts of nature (wind blowing over table for example) or the RO not maintaining stage props

3 hours ago, broadside72 said:

But if the gun falls off the table or even falls and muzzles someone/180's, how is it the shooters fault and responsibility when they were not in control at the time and the gun was placed in accordance with the rules?

I can't be blamed for acts of nature (wind blowing over table for example) or the RO not maintaining stage props

If the wind blows over the table or the table collapses or something like that, it’s REF. Nobody so far is arguing with that. It’s the “gun was placed in a barely balanced position and fell over” scenario that some people (not me) think should be a DQ. 

If the wind blows over the table or the table collapses or something like that, it’s REF. Nobody so far is arguing with that. It’s the “gun was placed in a barely balanced position and fell over” scenario that some people (not me) think should be a DQ. 
Still not a DQ because I set it on the ground it on a stable platform. If it was balanced when I let go I satisfied the rules. If it falls over after that then it does not meet the glossary definition of dropped gun

23 minutes ago, broadside72 said:
46 minutes ago, DKorn said:

Still not a DQ because I set it on the ground it on a stable platform. If it was balanced when I let go I satisfied the rules. If it falls over after that then it does not meet the glossary definition of dropped gun

The counterargument (which I think is a serious stretch) would be that if it fell over then it wasn’t balanced.