Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Tanders

Production-15: Make Production Great Again!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, shred said:

We should just remove the mandatory dot requirement in CO.  It's silly and then there's a nice handy load-em-up all-Minor division right there.

 

I argued for this in the beginning.  I also argued that CO should be able to have a laser or light attached, as all those seem to go together on guns outside competition. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agent #1911 said:

All of a sudden we care about “other people’s participation” in the division when in reality, its “I”, the complainer’s participation. leave production alone and shoot in LTD minor. Why restrict yourself with 15 rounds?. Its kind of like asking “can we please add the Q in LGBT so I can fit in?”.

 

 

 

I'm pretty sure they've already added the Q and several other letters to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

 

I'm pretty sure they've already added the Q and several other letters to that.

They sure have. PCC and CO come to mind.😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Agent #1911 said:

All of a sudden we care about “other people’s participation” in the division when in reality, its “I”, the complainer’s participation. leave production alone and shoot in LTD minor. Why restrict yourself with 15 rounds?. Its kind of like asking “can we please add the Q in LGBT so I can fit in?”.

 

 

Did you bother to read the original post?  I'll go over the key point to save you the trouble of scrolling back to read it:  I don't give a crap about the capacity restriction; make it 10, make it 15, make it 8... doesn't matter to me.  However, since there are currently no other iron sight divisions where you can be competitive shooting minor and Production has been drying up a bit recently, 15-round Production seems like a pretty cool idea since it would probably help draw people back into the division.  The "shoot Limited minor" mantra I keep hearing is kind of dumb since everyone knows that isn't competitive if you're competing against someone of equal skill who is shooting major.  Now that you're up to speed, I'll let you get back to calling people snowflakes on the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shred said:

We should just remove the mandatory dot requirement in CO.  It's silly and then there's a nice handy load-em-up all-Minor division right there.

 

I really like this idea and I was thinking about doing exactly that until I found out about the dot requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sarge said:

They sure have. PCC and CO come to mind.😎

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 2:06 PM, Tanders said:

I really like this idea and I was thinking about doing exactly that until I found out about the dot requirement.

Same here.

 

Too bad they don't just run production and a P10 like they do in limited. Don't punish the whole country for the stupidity of a few States.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the beginning when CO was a provisional division having an optic wasn’t a requirement to shoot CO, but that was also when it was still mag capacity limited to 10 and had a weight limit. I’m pretty sure though that some production GM came into a major match and won CO with his production gun and then afterward HQ added the addition rule that you had to have an optic. (I was told that they thought it violated the spirit of the rules and they were worried it would cause problems down the road if not corrected.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd only support 15 rounds in Prod if the other rules were exactly the same as ipsc prod rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I'd only support 15 rounds in Prod if the other rules were exactly the same as ipsc prod rules.

 

Which would make for many unhappy G34 and XDm Competition owners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

would make for many unhappy

yep, it totally would. but that's what it would take for me to support the round count change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...