Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EDC x9

MacLethal

I couldn't stand the way my EDC x9 felt in my hand and there are very few things you can change on it. Small grip insert was too small, the large was too big. My slide rattled like a can of spray paint, the barrel fit was nothing like a normal Wilson. The finish started to show a lot of wear in well under 1000 rounds. Mine decided it was a machine gun at about the 200 round mark, not going to lie though that was pretty awesome :) 

If you are dead set on getting one, find a used one as the resale on them is garbage. I currently carry a DVC-C 

6 hours ago, geraldskip said:

if you think the glock is the same as a Wilson EDC X9, then you don’t get it. 

and that’s okay. Carry on. 

If you think I'm trying to say a Glock is the same thing as a Wilson, you don't get it. 

and that's okay. Carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one.  Very high quality, very reliable, and I admired the concept.  I thought it was very accurate mechanically but somewhat hard to shoot accurately.  Some have said accuracy comes with lots of rounds.  I did not fire it much so I did not get there.  I did not like the grip.  Tried both the regular (medium?) grip and the larger grip and neither did it for me.  Also, the Wilson "X" grip pattern, which is your only choice because to my knowledge there are no after market grips, does not appeal to me.  I traded it for a Staccato-P.  Either the P or my Omni are my usual carry guns.