Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Hiroshi

Brass Question

I bought bunch of once fired brass, can anyone tell me if these are Military Crimp Brass and are they safe to reload for a major power factor rounds??

FCDC9C43-E553-456D-A884-49011E09B6F2.jpeg

Looks like military to me

yes 

crimped. no doubt.

crimp removal is the problem that causes me to save them for last to re-load.

otherwise treat them as any brass.

miranda

All are crimped. Military IDK....at least two have the Nato stamp

Edited by 2tuf4u
word mispelled

It is from Winchester NATO spec ammo, and as said it is all crimped.  Those cases stop my press dead in its tracks and I have to pull it out of the priming station and manually ream the crimp out.  Once that is done it is good to go. 

9 hours ago, Hiroshi said:

I bought once fired brass, can anyone tell me if these are Military Crimp Brass and are they safe to reload for a major power factor rounds??

Pretty sure they're crimped, which is fine if you remove the crimp, and should be perfectly safe to reload to 9mm Major PF.

I decap on a single stage prior to tumble to avoid this.  With any abnormal resistance on the handle from these, or other tight pocket cases, they get tossed in a separate can.  Usually I find CBCs and Herters have tight pockes like this, good way to cull out.

22 hours ago, SSGGlock said:

I call WMA brass wildlife management area brass and toss them in the trash.

Feel free to send them to me instead - they load just fine once the crimp is cut out.

Not sure what presses you guys are having issues with but I’ve reloaded thousands of these on a 550 and 650 with zero issues and without reaming or chamfering the pockets.

16 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

Not sure what presses you guys are having issues with but I’ve reloaded thousands of these on a 550 and 650 with zero issues and without reaming or chamfering the pockets.

You've loaded thousands of rounds of crimped primer pockets without issues?

Maybe yours were processed before you got them? If they were done on something like a Dillon swager it may not be immediately obvious with a casual inspection.

I just save them up till I have several hundred or more.  Then, decap them and use the Dillon swager on them.  Just did this the other day to 600-700 of them.  They work just fine for 9 major.