Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier being shot incorrectly

MacLethal

Recently we had an entire squad of shooters use the incorrect start position (was supposed to be an uprange start) and they failed to do so. I didn’t find out until hours after the match had ended and a video surfaced of one of the other shooters that did it correctly. A guy on the incorrect squad sent me a message and no one except the PCC faced uprange. I contacted an RMI and the best decision was to zero the shooters who did not correctly shoot that classifier. This way we did not penalize those who did follow the instructions properly.

That sound like a good remedy to you all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they were started in the incorrect position, normally you would issue them a reshoot. However, since the error wasn’t discovered until the match was over and it was too late for a reshoot to be possible, giving them a zero or tossing the stage are really the only options. The fairest thing you could do is probably toss the stage from the match results, then submit to USPSA the classifier results only for those who shot it from the correct start position.