Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trident Stage Designer

MacLethal

Idk if it has been talked about previously, but we have been using Trident stage designer for a while now and it’s super easy to use (not all of us are good with sketchup) and is all online. No files to download. You can also browse the library for new ideas and change them to make them your own. There are a good number of IDPA type scenarios on there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Edge40 said:

I purchased a subscription because I needed to design a stage for the CRO class.  Its a good program but certainly has its glitches.  For a local match stage design its fine but I wouldn't recommend it do design stages for a major.

what was the subscription cost? I have heard of trident, but have yet to look into it.

• 2 months later...

I didn't know this even existed.  I'm going to give it a shot!  Sketchup breaks my brain sometimes - Had everything lined up how I wanted and went to a new view.  Targets, barrels, obsticles at all different heights.  Had to start all over. 

• 2 months later...

Any easy way to resize targets, props, etc as a batch?  The paper is 2.5'x4' and steel is 2'x2', doing them 1 at a time is horrendous -  not doing them 2 papers are as big as a 4x8 wall and one is bigger than a barrel

Edited by toothandnail

• 2 months later...

I tried it and it was a waste of time and $10.

1. Only 5 IPSC targets, useless for IPSC.

2. Unable to resize. If that's suppose to be supported I don't know how to do it. Initial proportions are wrong.

3. No response to support requests.

4. Last entry in update log is almost 5 years old.

Edited by arkadi

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, davidb72 said:

It's completely worth learning to use sketchup.

We release our stages before every local match - I know that we don't have to do that, but it's one of the little things that sets us apart.

I broke down and bought the 3D stage designer finally. Now I show up for setup hand it to someone and say build a stage then put it on the ground. Nice to not be the only one designing stages 

• 6 months later...