Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz shadow 2 spring weight for c/o?

urmaker45

I have a cz shadow 2 with dpp cajunized with their slide cut with lightening cuts . Do I need to Change spring weight ? What are you guys running ? I have a 11 and 12 lbs spring  shooting reloads minor pf 

Edited by urmaker45

5 hours ago, urmaker45 said:

I have a cz shadow 2 with dpp cajunized with their slide cut with lightening cuts . Do I need to Change spring weight ? What are you guys running ? I have a 11 and 12 lbs spring  shooting reloads minor pf 

I’d go with the 11# spring. That’s what I currently have in my Shadow 2 and it shoots flat. My load is 124 Gr PD JHP at about 130-132 PF.

Had CZC do the slide cuts and plate system w/ DDP but now have the SRO. Had 11lb but started get light strikes.  I shoot factory ammo, typically 124g or 147.  Went to the 13 lb and no issues.  Personally I like how the 124/147 returns to zero, not chasing the “flat” shooting gun but that’s just me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ran an 11lb in my S2 for several thousand rounds. No problems with OEM ammo or handloads around 130PF. 

My buddy Ethan H. #6 on the Carry Optics USPSA charts shoots an sp-01 Tactical(a little shorter) used an 11lb spring with no issues and recommended that for the S2 as well.