Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tested some Blue Bullets today


DBlue
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been trying different 9mm bullets and wanted to try some of the coated bullets...I got some Precision 125's TC and they shot ok , was not impressed with the accuracy. Today I got some of the Blue bullets 125 (356) TC.....I loaded a 100 of them and tested them out on my backyard range.... I was shooting them in my M&P 4.25 with Apex barrel and trigger and my Sig P210 Target.....at 10 and 15 yards they will make one bug hole in the center of target with either gun. I will definitely be ordering some more of these. I loaded these on a Dillon 650...5.0 gr /CFE Pistol/ OAL 1.150 Win. primers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to suggest you test for accuracy a bit further than 10-15 yards.
 

Most well prepared bullets are accurate at that distance. I personal use 25 yards to compare accuracy of new bullets, powders, charges and gun combinations. Basically we have to be able to hit a mini-popper and the “A zone” at 25+.
 

Just shot a major match this weekend with an array of mini-poppers at 35 yards over no shoots. 
 

BTW Blues in general are accurate bullets in most guns, good choice. 

Edited by HesedTech
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

I would like to suggest you test for accuracy a bit further than 10-15 yards.
 

Most well prepared bullets are accurate at that distance. I personal use 25 yards to compare accuracy of new bullets, powders, charges and gun combinations. Basically we have to be able to hit a mini-popper and the “A zone” at 25+.
 

Just shot a major match this weekend with an array of mini-poppers at 35 yards over no shoots. 
 

BTW Blues in general are accurate bullets in most guns, good choice. 

Those mini-poppers at 35 yds sure were a hoot to shoot!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DBlue said:

I've been trying different 9mm bullets and wanted to try some of the coated bullets...I got some Precision 125's TC and they shot ok , was not impressed with the accuracy. Today I got some of the Blue bullets 125 (356) TC.....I loaded a 100 of them and tested them out on my backyard range.... I was shooting them in my M&P 4.25 with Apex barrel and trigger and my Sig P210 Target.....at 10 and 15 yards they will make one bug hole in the center of target with either gun. I will definitely be ordering some more of these. I loaded these on a Dillon 650...5.0 gr /CFE Pistol/ OAL 1.150 Win. primers

Do you recall what OAL you used for the Precision 125 TC's?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new Precision 125 profile?  I assume so by the 1.150" OAL, unless your guns are generous.  That said I'm testing with them now and keep them in the head zone (4-5") offhand at 25 yards through a Shadow 2.  I'm sure better if benched.    This is the .358 dia over 3.9g Sport Pistol @ 1.140"  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, m700 said:

You don't work for BB do you? :)

That's my next stop I'm finishing 4k extremes than jumping to bb

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

No, I don't work for them but my last name is Blue.....LOL......I finished loading the rest of them this evening, I'm going to try them at 20 & 25 yards tomorrow.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, GMP said:

The new Precision 125 profile?  I assume so by the 1.150" OAL, unless your guns are generous.  That said I'm testing with them now and keep them in the head zone (4-5") offhand at 25 yards through a Shadow 2.  I'm sure better if benched.    This is the .358 dia over 3.9g Sport Pistol @ 1.140"  

 

Yes, they were the flat nose profile with the dished base....The Apex barrel on my M&P had a really short throat in it, I was having to load really short for it. I got tired of that and bought a throating reamer and took care of that problem, it actually shoots better after lengthening the throat in it. I've had no problems with loading long with the P210. 

I'm sure the Precision bullets are accurate bullets also, I just need to work with them some.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DBlue said:

 

Yes, they were the flat nose profile with the dished base....The Apex barrel on my M&P had a really short throat in it, I was having to load really short for it. I got tired of that and bought a throating reamer and took care of that problem, it actually shoots better after lengthening the throat in it. I've had no problems with loading long with the P210. 

I'm sure the Precision bullets are accurate bullets also, I just need to work with them some.

 The older original profile was a classic truncated cone flat point, I could only load those to 1.030" but they shot great too.  The new ones have a different ogive, long nose that makes things easy.  The seating depth of the new profile 147s @ 1.140" is approx the same as the old style 125s @ 1.030".   I'll be testing some of the 147 loads tomorrow and see how it goes. 

Edited by GMP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 147 gr .358 dia Precisions shoot great in My Shadow 2.  3.2 - 3.4 g Sport Pistol equally accurate, I'll have to get them through a chrono.  The P09 is OK but a bit more accurate with the lighter faster 125s.  Typical of that gun, as it shoots hot 125s or 115s the best on paper.  Still accurate enough for what I want to do with it and easier to reacquire the dot.  Barrels were very clean on both guns after about 150 rnds each.  Excellent coated bullets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...