Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've got a 38Sc gu nthat runs great. I hate foraging for very expensive brass. 

I want to put a 9mm barrel in this gun. 

Can I stick with the scope/mount I'm currently using, which is a standard Cmore mount. Not the sideways type. 

Will 9major run with ta standard Cmore mount? 

If not what cryptic spells do I have to cast to get it to run?

Yes 9mm major will work with a normal upright cmore mount. 

The easiest approach is change the barrel and see where you are. Then if you are having issues.  Try following this http://www.brazoscustom.com/magart/ejection perfection.htm

Brazos custom sells an ejector that's already tuned as described if you don't want to do it yourself.  I prefer an aftec for an extractor but opinions on that vary.  A normal extractor can be made to work just as well with tuning.

I find using once fired, single headstamp brass (not hard to get or terribly expensive) makes the tuning process easier but commercial headstamp range brass can usually be made to work in most guns.

Been using 9mm Major for the no brass scratch for 4 yrs.  Several different guns built or reconfigured.

Most have run after ejector and extractor tune and polish.

One will with the same headstamp brass, but that defeats the purpose.

So finally went to a .200 off set mount and it works great.

No noticeable difference in mounting and acquiring target from draw etc.

OR as stated above when you build the top end, budget a mount and smaller dot! 

Edited by jcc7x7

Chances are you will have to do nothing other than swap barrels.  The only thing an upright C-More brings to the table is a larger glass.  It also puts the dot 2" above the bore, so you have aim high on close head shots.  I made the switch to micro dots and would never go back.

On 9/16/2019 at 6:59 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

My upright C-Mores don't present any problem

in my TruBor, unless I need new springs.    :) 

Hello,

I just purchased a Trubor that has only a few hundred rounds through it.  Stock configuration with the good ole C-more on top and in 9mm Major. 

I'm saving up to purchase a reloading press, so I can't load 9mm Major now.  I'd like to run stock 9mm Luger loads in the gun.  I just replaced the recoil spring with an 8lb ISMI spring.  I purchased a 7lb spring as well.  Hoping one of these will allow the gun to run stock 9mm Luger ammo.

Have you had any luck shooting 9mm Luger factory ammo in yours?

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, dstein said:

Hello,

I just purchased a Trubor that has only a few hundred rounds through it.  Stock configuration with the good ole C-more on top and in 9mm Major. 

I'm saving up to purchase a reloading press, so I can't load 9mm Major now.  I'd like to run stock 9mm Luger loads in the gun.  I just replaced the recoil spring with an 8lb ISMI spring.  I purchased a 7lb spring as well.  Hoping one of these will allow the gun to run stock 9mm Luger ammo.

Thanks!

Some guns run factory ammo and some won’t. I run an 8 for 9MAJOR and have even tried a 7. I would try the 7 first and skip the 8. There are also 6 pounders and some use those for factory

46 minutes ago, dstein said:

I can shoot 135PF in mine, but nothing lower.

If you buy factory ammo, make sure the bullets are heavy copper plated or JHPs.  Anything else will lead up you comp.  Blaser Brass h is thin copper plate.  CCI does not recommend its use in a compensated gun.  I know several who use it and they don't complain.  Blaser Aluminum cased ammo has thicker plated bullets, and that is what CCI recommends.

You can buy new and remanufctured ammo with X-Treme copper plated bullets from LAXammo.  Everglades sells new and reman minor PF, as well as new major PF ammo.

2 hours ago, dstein said:

I just purchased a Trubor  I'd like to run stock 9mm Luger loads in the gun.  I just replaced the recoil spring with an 8lb ISMI spring.  I purchased a 7lb spring as well.  

My TruBor, with a 10 lb spring, will run factory ammo (Remington green box 115 gr)

IFF the gun is Very Clean and Very Well Lubricated.

Don't forget, there are factory 9mm rounds that are PF 127 (Remington, above), and

some other brands are closer to PF 145 - 150.