Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best bang for your buck Gen 5 CO legal trigger upgrade?

JesseM

55 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Funny how Glock "mislabeled" their own connector for a few decades before changing its name 😉

And even 4.5# is deceiving since if all you change is the connector it'll still be over 5# in every Glock I've ever tried.

In my California gen 3 G35 it led to 3.5 to 4.0 pound pull according to my Lyman gauge.

Are you saying Double Diamond, is a rebranding of a Glock made connector?

15 hours ago, Paul49 said:

In my California gen 3 G35 it led to 3.5 to 4.0 pound pull according to my Lyman gauge.

Are you saying Double Diamond, is a rebranding of a Glock made connector?

$100 says a double diamond connector change Only in an otherwise OEM Glock  Will Not Produce a 3.5# trigger pull.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, OdinIII said:

I’ve always found it odd that the people who tell us that we are wrong when we say 3.5 lb connector will happily admit 4.5 lb isn’t accurate either but for some reason the 3.5 lb wording triggers them.

Guess that’s why I say minus connector and skip the numbers altogether.

minus connector 

dot connector 

plain connector 

plus connector 

maybe that’ll make the nerds happy :) 

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2019 at 1:43 PM, JesseM said:

I honestly think the stock gen 5 glock trigger is pretty good but still I would like a better trigger if I can I'm just honestly kind of cheap and don't think spending $300 on an aftermarket trigger makes much sense for a Glock to be honest so I'm looking for the best bang for the buck I can get to make the trigger better. I'd like something that is carry optics legal and I don't reload so I need something that can be reliable with factory ammo with hard primers.

I'm looking at the these so far

• TTI Grand Master Kit Connector Kit
  • Ghost Inc Edge Complete Trigger Kit

I looked at Zev but it seems like they only sell a complete trigger for the Gen 5 not any other upgrades. Anyone tried either of these  or any other trigger upgrade kit/components and have a recommendation for the best bang for the buck?

Personally I didn't want the trigger on my Comp gun to be that different from my other glock. So I ended up going with OCC triggers. They fix the trigger tab, have a screw to eliminate pre travel and then have a trigger housing that takes away post travel if you want. All while having the feel and geometry of a factory trigger and I also use the TTI connector. 

My best glock trigger is on my Gen 4 G19 that has a stock trigger and a ton of rounds down the barrel.  I have a carver custom on my G35 and it is nice, but I'd almost rather spend the $300 on ammo and wear in the stock trigger.  The 45MOS has a better stock trigger than my G19 did new, so I'm pretty confident that it will wear in nicely