Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best bang for your buck Gen 5 CO legal trigger upgrade?

JesseM

I honestly think the stock gen 5 glock trigger is pretty good but still I would like a better trigger if I can I'm just honestly kind of cheap and don't think spending $300 on an aftermarket trigger makes much sense for a Glock to be honest so I'm looking for the best bang for the buck I can get to make the trigger better. I'd like something that is carry optics legal and I don't reload so I need something that can be reliable with factory ammo with hard primers.

I'm looking at the these so far

• TTI Grand Master Kit Connector Kit
  • Ghost Inc Edge Complete Trigger Kit

I looked at Zev but it seems like they only sell a complete trigger for the Gen 5 not any other upgrades. Anyone tried either of these  or any other trigger upgrade kit/components and have a recommendation for the best bang for the buck?

In my gen 4 I had a TTI trigger kit and an over travel stop. That was probably my favorite trigger for glocks. 

I had the “edge”, and it seemed like it wasn’t any better than a ghost connector and a spring kit. 

7 hours ago, HCH said:

In my gen 4 I had a TTI trigger kit and an over travel stop. That was probably my favorite trigger for glocks. 

I had the “edge”, and it seemed like it wasn’t any better than a ghost connector and a spring kit. 

Over travel stop? Looking at their website it doesn't look like it has an overtravel stop in their trigger kit. Did you get a different trigger shoe with it?

The edge isn't that much more which is the only reason I'd consider it over their slightly cheaper options.

9 hours ago, JesseM said:

Over travel stop? Looking at their website it doesn't look like it has an overtravel stop in their trigger kit. Did you get a different trigger shoe with it?

The edge isn't that much more which is the only reason I'd consider it over their slightly cheaper options.

I think it was Lone Wolf. It is a different ejector housing with a set screw. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222902259959

I think i had ~$60 invested in the whole thing. 

I run the TTI kit. Not becuse I think it's better but because it's decent and all in one package. 

Polish

Connector

4.5# striker spring

Reduced striker block spring

Practice

Ignore anything else. 

Edited by B_RAD

Was recently wondering this myself, bought a gen 5 last month and hadn't shot it yet.  In Canada, don't have as many options for dealers carrying stock for stuff like this, but I found a Zev connector and the TTI Grand Master kit.  My stock pull measured 6 lbs.  Zev connector and stock springs measured 5 lbs.  TTI Grand Master kit measured 4 lbs.  I've only fired 600 rounds of my reloads but they all went bang (S&B and Winchester primers) 

WARNING:  The Zev connector with the TTI springs measured the lowest pull, 3&3/8 lbs.  But 2 out of 5 stages saw 3 round bursts on the first pull before I changed parts.  I wouldn't recommend this combination for anyone.

Edited by blasterboy

On 9/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, B_RAD said:

I run the TTI kit. Not becuse I think it's better but because it's decent and all in one package. 

Polish

Connector

4.5# striker spring

Reduced striker block spring

Practice

Ignore anything else. 

This.

Everyone talking about the TTI as having a rolling break makes me think I wouldn't like it because I don't like that style so I went with the Ghost kit because I've used their connectors before and was happy with the results.

Kit has striker block spring, connector, and 2 striker springs. Gonna roll with that and call it good.

Glock triggers are what they are. Trying to chase what they aren't is young man's game.  Most people I know who have shot them for a long time and shoot them at a higher level, don't really spend much of thier time on the trigger. They've been down that road and now spend the time and money on better things. 

8 hours ago, JesseM said:

Everyone talking about the TTI as having a rolling break makes me think I wouldn't like it because I don't like that style so I went with the Ghost kit because I've used their connectors before and was happy with the results.

Kit has striker block spring, connector, and 2 striker springs. Gonna roll with that and call it good.

Again, just my opinion/observations here, but each gun and trigger kit is gonna be different. The parts and process to make them is so cheap, you're not gonna get supper consistent tolerances.  You may get a general feeling from a certain kit but it may feel different in two different guns.  

I personally think the "rolling break" puts less torque on the upper during the trigger pull process. I zero proof but feel that way. I feel the triggers are pretty dang inconsistent from pull to pull. I do more of a pull through process. I don't really try to stage or take up to the wall. I just try to pull straight back and thru with consistent pressure without moving the gun.  I definitely feel the glock trigger is the least forgiving trigger out there. Saying all that, I shoot one pretty well. 

Just practice with what you choose and you'll be good.