Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Texas45

JP Side Charging Handle

JP now has come out with a Side Charging handle that is easy to operate.  However $239. is a little stiff6441.jpg

SmithCity.They have had the side charger, however this is NEW, 2 weeks out for delivery.  This one is not folded up it stays extended. 

Flatland Shooter, sold my backup JP. Still have my original JP.  Actually, if you can believe it,  Roman is using it  while his open gun is being repaired.  I do love the new MPX...runs like a scalded dog.  Clean every 1000 rounds (tappet etc.) and not one issue.

You can buy an American Spirit Arms side charging upper for $60 more.....which is an awesome unit.

5 hours ago, Texas45 said:

SmithCity.They have had the side charger, however this is NEW, 2 weeks out for delivery.  This one is not folded up it stays extended. 

Flatland Shooter, sold my backup JP. Still have my original JP.  Actually, if you can believe it,  Roman is using it  while his open gun is being repaired.  I do love the new MPX...runs like a scalded dog.  Clean every 1000 rounds (tappet etc.) and not one issue.

Ahh interesting, i like the side charging option.  Although it wont buy you any performance 

On 9/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, Smithcity said:

They have had the side charger for some time

The picture shown is the next generation competition version. It is angled forward to provide a faster, easier to operate handle based on a ton of feedback form competitors. It's also a convenient height for table starts. 😉

The other design is swept in to prevent snagging on clothing per MIL/LE request. 

I just bought a GMR-15 and missed the new charging handle by just a few months. I was very excited to see they came out with one for competition shooters. However, when I went to place an order I couldn't get past the price. I hate I didn't know this was coming down the pipe when I had them build mine.