Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
JS624

Staccato P upgrades?

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has had some work done to their sti staccato P or sti tactical?

Specifically internal tune/smooth and polish everything, trigger work, threaded barrel, and a removeable comp.

If so any photos floating around?

How do u like it?

Which smith did you use?

No plans to compete with said mods just a range toy.

Thanks 

I've been shooting a Staccato P quite a bit lately.  The trigger could certainly be a little lighter and I replaced the recoil master with a Dawson tooless guide rod, mainly because the RM is a birth to remove with the FLDC.  There are many smith out there that could smooth it out a bit more for you.  Maybe look at Dawson Precision or Brazos Custom?

3 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I replaced the recoil master with a Dawson tooless guide rod, mainly because the RM is a birth to remove with the FLDC.  

I'm new to 1911/2011s but I wasn't aware you could use a dawson tooless guide rod on a 4" gun?

That's pretty awesome.

I need to look into this 

4 hours ago, JS624 said:

I'm new to 1911/2011s but I wasn't aware you could use a dawson tooless guide rod on a 4" gun?

That's pretty awesome.

I need to look into this 

They make one for a commander......

Supposedly Buck was saying that they were going to move to Dawson Tool less guide rods on all models in the near future for all the Staccato models. 

the only thing i've really done with my sti's is install the brazos tuned trigger groups to get a lighter, crisper trigger.  extended/widened mag release also.

9 hours ago, Excursion12 said:

Can you point me to that commander tool less guide rod?

Just call and ask.  I didn't see one on the website either, but Tony Pignato gave me one.  FWIW, all the Ranger guns are going to have them as well.