Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone running a Sig P320 for Limited?

mannyc

In the process of acquiring a P320 in .40sw, can they be competitive for Limited? I already have a STI EDGE 40 that I run for Limited, it would be nice to have another setup for backup or alternate, want to ask for those guys that are running one what is your set up? Recoil spring weight?Load?Needed parts upgraded?Thanks.

Edited by mannyc

40 upper, trigger done by the sig armorer, Tungsten guide rod, broken TLR-1 with brass rods cut to size, ssi tungsten grip with tungsten weight, stock magwell, Dawson sights, and RHF holster that accommodates the TLR-1.   Haven’t actually put it on the scale, but it feels as heavy as most any 2011. Plenty accurate with stock barrel. I thought about doing a bar sto but can’t justify the cost with the accuracy and reliability I have. It’ll run ammo out to 1.155 oal all day. 1.180 is too long for the mags, but chambers and shoots fine. I bought the 18 rounders, use a grams spring / follower, and springer base pad for 20 rounds re loadable. I know I could have set up an Sti for about the same amount, but I use a  p320 with light for work. I would go with the new tungsten x grip now.

Hello: I think it would be a pretty good platform for limited. The trigger will not be as great as a 1911/2011 trigger but with practice it will be fine. With the heavy Legion grip and possibly a tungsten grip weight, tungsten guide rod and a forward weight like the Glock guys use it would be a really heavy limited pistol. Accuracy will be good enough and some good sights you will have a good one for limited division. Thanks, Eric

OPENB,RJH,Aircooled6racer,Manwithnoname thanks for your inputs. Looks like parts are: Sig tungsten grip with magwell, Gray guns trigger kit, dawson sights, Sig 18 rounders w/ grams follower & spring, Springer SS guide rod, Wolf springs. Manwithnoname that's a nice set up! Want to ask you also, what is the weight of the spring you are using for your major PF load? 14lbs? Nice to know that the 320 runs on1.155" OAL since my EDGE runs that length also. Also are the Sig40 18 rounders w/ Springer pads 140mm?

1 hour ago, mannyc said:

OPENB,RJH,Aircooled6racer,Manwithnoname thanks for your inputs. Looks like parts are: Sig tungsten grip with magwell, Gray guns trigger kit, dawson sights, Sig 18 rounders w/ grams follower & spring, Springer SS guide rod, Wolf springs. Manwithnoname that's a nice set up! Want to ask you also, what is the weight of the spring you are using for your major PF load? 14lbs? Nice to know that the 320 runs on1.155" OAL since my EDGE runs that length also. Also are the Sig40 18 rounders w/ Springer pads 140mm?

I’d make sure the tungsten grip you are buying has the weight in it. Also, I’d probably go with the tungsten guide rod over the steel. Most of last year I ran the gun without the light set up. It makes a big difference having the weight out front and low. I am running a 14 lb Wolff spring which seems right for major pf. I tried a 12 and 13 and liked the 14 best. The 18 rounders with springer pad are easily 140. I’d recommend the TTI pads or something else. The springer pads use a set screw for retention that strips very easily. I did slow mo comparing the recoil to a CZ ts. With me shooting and the same ammo, there was slightly more muzzle rise with my current limited set up. 

12 hours ago, Manwithnoname said:

I’d make sure the tungsten grip you are buying has the weight in it. Also, I’d probably go with the tungsten guide rod over the steel. Most of last year I ran the gun without the light set up. It makes a big difference having the weight out front and low. I am running a 14 lb Wolff spring which seems right for major pf. I tried a 12 and 13 and liked the 14 best. The 18 rounders with springer pad are easily 140. I’d recommend the TTI pads or something else. The springer pads use a set screw for retention that strips very easily. I did slow mo comparing the recoil to a CZ ts. With me shooting and the same ammo, there was slightly more muzzle rise with my current limited set up. 

Thanks, really appreciate your help and input!

19 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

What tungsten guide rod can you use - will the model made for the x5 work

https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-Sig-P320-X5-Tungsten-Guide-Rod-1911-Springs-SP0249.htm

The X5 rod may work, but it’ll probably stick out of the slide and shorten the slides stroke. There is an option to modify for regular full size slide on the springer rods. 

44 minutes ago, Manwithnoname said:

https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-Sig-P320-X5-Tungsten-Guide-Rod-1911-Springs-SP0249.htm

The X5 rod may work, but it’ll probably stick out of the slide and shorten the slides stroke. There is an option to modify for regular full size slide on the springer rods. 

ok nice - i didnt read the fine print after the 'x5' headline

I also just found one on thesigarmorer website too

I have a .40 full size top end for my tungsten lower. The upper has Dawson sights and a stainless guide rod and 16lb spring. 

I haven't messed with it too much but it's 45.5oz with an empty mag on my tungsten lower (w/ standard magwell and grip weight, GG trigger, grip tape, and GoGuns *thumb rest [generic]*).

I use the 14rd full size mags, with the Springer 140mm base pads. Only gets me 17rd.

• 3 weeks later...
So I just got a Grams follower kit for my 14rd mag + 140mm Springer extension, and it bumped the capacity up from 17 to 19 rounds, reloadable. 

My factory mags with springer kits will hold 20. They are just super tight when new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Ah, interesting. I was denting rounds trying to get 18 in with my Lula before changing to the Grams follower/spring. I'll load/unload them to 19 a bunch and see if it seems like I can squeak 20 in.

I have an X-5 with GG comp trigger and the TXG grip that I shoot in CO. Could I use my fire control unit/ grip and throw a 40 S&W slide/barrel/recoil spring and be good to go? The only one that is not modular is the 45acp right?

I have an X-5 with GG comp trigger and the TXG grip that I shoot in CO. Could I use my fire control unit/ grip and throw a 40 S&W slide/barrel/recoil spring and be good to go? The only one that is not modular is the 45acp right?

Yes. That combo you have is what I use for a duty gun. (Minus the gg trigger)

34 minutes ago, Abominator said:

Yes, I chassis between CO setup and limited major.