Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer Follow KIIILLLING MEEEEEEE

bigboy69

17 hours ago, theWacoKid said:

If your grip isn't moving and your sear nose and hammer hooks are good then it's likely the location of the sear spring.  Try bending the lower tab of the sear spring a bit to make the sear spring locate higher.  Also, peen out the end of the sear leg so it contacts both higher and further in on the sear.

This is my game plan tonight. But I just received my aluminum aggressive Cheely grip and I'll probably will just install the new grip.

10 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

The pictures show that your plastic grip is toast. If the grip screws are tight there shouldn’t be a gap between the back of the grip and the back of the frame there they meet. If you hold the grip in one hand and the frame in the other then try to pry them toward and away from one another you shouldn’t be able to change the gap between them at the back of the frame/grip junction. If you can the grip is toast and needs to be replaced.

I did try that before because I seen that gap and it is tight. I think it nay be because its and older Tripp research frame??