Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bowling pin carbine

Looking to build buy a bowling pin carbine.
Wants.
10 + rounds,
Parts, mags, available.
Halfway decent trigger,
Reliable,
Easy mount optics,
Semi auto,
Cheap, but will pay for quality if it runs
Caliber,,,
Run 1.180 oal 40,
357 mag
38 spc
45acp
44 mag

17 minutes ago, jualdeaux said:

Foxtrot MIke just released a .45ACP version using Glock mags

This. I'm considering building a 45ACP PCC with this upper. A buddy of mine has a 9mm FM upper and loves it. I've run it a few times and really enjoy the manipulation of the front charging handle. If you go that route, look at adding a BAD lever or similar, as it can be tricky to manipulate the bolt hold open while racking the bolt back with your left hand on the front of the gun. 

4 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

This. I'm considering building a 45ACP PCC with this upper. A buddy of mine has a 9mm FM upper and loves it. I've run it a few times and really enjoy the manipulation of the front charging handle. If you go that route, look at adding a BAD lever or similar, as it can be tricky to manipulate the bolt hold open while racking the bolt back with your left hand on the front of the gun. 

Their side charging handles are reversible. You could move the handle over to the right side and engage the BHO.

1 hour ago, jualdeaux said:

Their side charging handles are reversible. You could move the handle over to the right side and engage the BHO.

If you're a lefty, maybe. But for me, a righty, I would never want the charging handle on the front right side of the gun. 

thats cool , leaning towards large frame, glock lower 45 build.
Speaking of which If I went 40 glock lower what kinda OAL could I load ?
also anyone know about throats on the 40 Ruger PC 's and/or mags ? far as typical OAL ?