Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig320 X5 Legion trigger vs Grey Guns trigger

hiflyer51

30 minutes ago, war_material said:

Thanks for the insight!  Is this with a legion?  I have a legion with a stock trigger right now and honestly my only complaint is the reset.  It feels like I am fighting it but I know I can train it out.  I am just used to a short reset at the moment.

yes, this is with a legion. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2020 at 2:18 AM, TravisB_02 said:

Just checked Keres website. Ships in 4-6 weeks? Really glad I went with the GG. It will be here Friday. I don't really need a super low pull weight and I don't own a gauge. But I just want a better feel, if its lighter that's a plus. I will post here after install. If I'm not impressed I'm going to lie to convince myself I don't need to wait to a month for the keres.

The keres website shows 4-6 weeks I had mine in a few days. Give them a call. I have two of their triggers for my legions. I have not installed it on my new gun yet as I just picked up my second legion Monday. 

I have had the keres on my first legion since August and it has been great. I have the gray guns trigger kit in it and has been great from day one. I’m not sure on the poundage as far the trigger weight but it’s night and day difference then my stock trigger. 

Edited by Corrado_kid

5 hours ago, Corrado_kid said:

The keres website shows 4-6 weeks I had mine in a few days. Give them a call. I have two of their triggers for my legions. I have not installed it on my new gun yet as I just picked up my second legion Monday. 

I have had the keres on my first legion since August and it has been great. I have the gray guns trigger kit in it and has been great from day one. I’m not sure on the poundage as far the trigger weight but it’s night and day difference then my stock trigger. 

Like.

We call Great Stuff spray foam, "Carpenter in a Can".

You could call the Keres Pro trigger, "Pistolsmith in a Blister Pack".

Having the fore and aft adjustment puts it in another league.

So in your videos above is it just the Keres installed? Or the Gray Guns parts and then the Keres trigger replacing the Gray Guns? Sorry for asking an obvious question if I'm just misunderstanding.

22 minutes ago, lfine said:

So in your videos above is it just the Keres installed? Or the Gray Guns parts and then the Keres trigger replacing the Gray Guns? Sorry for asking an obvious question if I'm just misunderstanding.

That’s gray guns internals with keres trigger

27 minutes ago, lfine said:

Remember that the Keres increases pull weight on the Legion 

9 hours ago, zhunter said:

Remember that the Keres increases pull weight on the Legion 

It does not always.

My Keres dropped pull weight.

The well done videos (and measurements) above , clearly document that increased pull weight did not happen with the Keres.

If I was Keres I would not be happy with this "information" being freely dispensed on the Internet.

14 minutes ago, DirectDrive said:

It does not always.

My Keres dropped pull weight.

The well done videos (and measurements) above , clearly document that increased pull weight did not happen with the Keres.

If I was Keres I would not be happy with this "information" being freely dispensed on the Internet.

Keres told me that their trigger does not match up to the new geometry of the Legion FCU.  This is not made up interweb stuff

It works great with pre legion P320’s

Hoping this is useful info to anyone deciding what trigger to get.

I said before I was getting my gray guns non hybrid straight trigger kit Friday and I did. I just fallowed a step by step on YouTube and it was pretty simple. The only hiccup was the guy in the video went to install his safety lifter spring.....and I couldn't find mine. Me remembering that during disassembly I took a pin out with spring tension and it caused a few curse words. I assumed the spring was launched somewhere between my couch and my hallway. After searching with a flashlight and a magnet I gave up and of course googled it. Oh, Legions don't have that spring, more happy curse words. Such a relief. 

Anyways, I love the trigger. I waited to post so I could try it in a real training atmosphere and it's great, definately satisfied my needs. Sure a little creep, pre travel, and a hard wall, but it honestly doesn't bother me, I don't want a DA/SA gun. The triggers surface and size feels much better than factory legion. The length of pull is decreased and after 400rnds feels fairly lighter in weight. During doubles I couldn't get lower then .20 splits with factory Legion. With the GG I'm back to an occasional .15 like my Xdm was. 

Thanks for helping me make the decision. 

5 hours ago, TravisB_02 said:

Hoping this is useful info to anyone deciding what trigger to get.

I said before I was getting my gray guns non hybrid straight trigger kit Friday and I did. I just fallowed a step by step on YouTube and it was pretty simple. The only hiccup was the guy in the video went to install his safety lifter spring.....and I couldn't find mine. Me remembering that during disassembly I took a pin out with spring tension and it caused a few curse words. I assumed the spring was launched somewhere between my couch and my hallway. After searching with a flashlight and a magnet I gave up and of course googled it. Oh, Legions don't have that spring, more happy curse words. Such a relief. 

Anyways, I love the trigger. I waited to post so I could try it in a real training atmosphere and it's great, definately satisfied my needs. Sure a little creep, pre travel, and a hard wall, but it honestly doesn't bother me, I don't want a DA/SA gun. The triggers surface and size feels much better than factory legion. The length of pull is decreased and after 400rnds feels fairly lighter in weight. During doubles I couldn't get lower then .20 splits with factory Legion. With the GG I'm back to an occasional .15 like my Xdm was. 

Thanks for helping me make the decision. 

LOL

Reminds me of when I put the GG kit in my post recall build X5, I know I spent 45 minutes or more looking for the lift spring on the kitchen floor until I called Sig CS to order one, that's when I found out they are not in post recall builds.

Well, after reading all this, and corresponding with a few kind folks, it's off to the Sig Armorer for mine.  Sending out by this weekend. I'll get some video and measurements before and come back with an after report.  Thanks all.

Well, after reading all this, and corresponding with a few kind folks, it's off to the Sig Armorer for mine.  Sending out by this weekend. I'll get some video and measurements before and come back with an after report.  Thanks all.

Nice!! I am looking at gray guns waiting on the quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, lfine said:

Before I send it out I did want to polish where needed. Can anyone point me to posting/video of where polishing of the FCU would best pay off? Thanks.

correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the action job from Sig Armorer includes some polishing as well?

3 hours ago, lfine said:

Before I send it out I did want to polish where needed. Can anyone point me to posting/video of where polishing of the FCU would best pay off? Thanks.

Why would you want to monkey with it before sending it out to SA ?

Let SA make it happen.

For his prices, it should be Turn-Key.

Edit :

Shout out to Gray Guns and Bruce Gray in particular for his generosity.

This company is top of the line,

Edited by DirectDrive

Sig X5 legion trigger pull weights

4.5lbs - Keres trigger with stock internals (adjustable pre travel and over travel)

3.5lbs - stock trigger and stock internals 

(Non adjustable)

3.0lbs - Keres trigger and gray guns trigger kit (adjustable pre travel and over travel)

2.5lbs - gray guns trigger and gray guns internals (non adjustable) 

I’ve been pretty happy with the keres trigger with gray guns trigger kit. Yea it did at a pound to the pull weight and brought it back to the “stock” pull but it also eliminated extra pre travel and over travel so the trigger feels smoother and much shorter reset. 

Edited by Corrado_kid

32 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

Did someone try the new Armory Craft Trigger? I just preordered one.

Black ones should start hitting mailboxes today, I ordered a red one that should ship Monday.

From the YouTube videos I have seen, it should be a game changer when paired with the GG kit

Did someone try the new Armory Craft Trigger? I just preordered one.
the sig sauer guy on YouTube posted a comparison video, though not against the keres... in his comments he notes his preference for the armory Kraft trigger

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, bsaks said:

the sig sauer guy on YouTube posted a comparison video, though not against the keres... in his comments he notes his preference for the armory Kraft trigger

Thanks, yes, i´ve seen that video. Just wondered if someone tried it with the GG Kit.

I really don´t like that GG kit alone very much. Trigger pull pretty long and mushy, reset to long. It´s like a light glock trigger on mine. I went with the Apex Kit with GG springs. It´s much shorter overall.

Edited by bimmer1980

I just put the Armory Craft trigger in and like it. It’s a legion with a Grey Guns kit then replaced the Grey Guns trigger with the Armory Craft. There is very little pre and over travel, might have been more of a crisp break with the GG kit but I like the elimination of the pre travel with the AC. It’s breaking at 2.5 lbs. 

On 2/5/2020 at 8:28 AM, bsaks said:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I didn't see the Keres trigger mentioned in the above video.

I did see in his previous video how he liked the Keres trigger.