Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bumps to Open - Magazine from Table

DKorn

7 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

Well I just received an answer to my e mail.

I was right on the putting a mag in the holster call.

i was wrong on the magazine in the pocket call. I will adjust my thinking on that situation in the future.

i did point out that there is considerable confusion among the RM and RMI group about this situation. Hopefully that will be cleaned up shortly.

My apologizes to the shooter involved, but that is of little consequence now.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I’m trying to work out some type of compensation for the shooter involved. He left the match with a pretty bad taste in his mouth. I told him I hoped to get it  resolved and I would do what I could to make it right.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Gary Stevens said:

Thats what I would say, but I'm only batting 50 percent so who knows.

Got it thanks.  The part I was confused about earlier is I thought you were saying it was allowed for Open, but not Single Stack.  From reading the rules it looks like this isn't allowed for any division.  The way I read the rulebook is that 5.2.4 isn't a division specific rule, it applies across all divisions, so it should be the same penalty for all divisions - shooting for no score.  Of course that seems overly harsh, but that's how I read the rulebook.  It would be nice to see the rule changed as you mentioned earlier to have 5.2.4 apply just before the start signal.  Who really cares if someone wants to stick a mag in an empty holster...

24 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Got it thanks.  The part I was confused about earlier is I thought you were saying it was allowed for Open, but not Single Stack.  From reading the rules it looks like this isn't allowed for any division.  The way I read the rulebook is that 5.2.4 isn't a division specific rule, it applies across all divisions, so it should be the same penalty for all divisions - shooting for no score.  Of course that seems overly harsh, but that's how I read the rulebook.  It would be nice to see the rule changed as you mentioned earlier to have 5.2.4 apply just before the start signal.  Who really cares if someone wants to stick a mag in an empty holster...

It would make my life a lot easier and re-institute a bit more freestyle. It used to be it was up to you to solve the problem. Now we say you can solve the problem if your actions are the way we want it solved.

11 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Honestly, I would just make it so all equipment restrictions across the board apply at the start signal only. If you want to do something silly afterwards, who cares - you’re probably spending too much time messing with it for it to be worth it. You might have to revise a few of the rules or get rid of them (for instance, “magazines may not be retained through magnetic means” would either need to be changed to disallow magnets entirely or removed), but it would clean up so many questions and remove weird situations like “my mag pouch got bumped forward when I caught it on the wall and now I’m in Open!?”

1 hour ago, DKorn said:

Honestly, I would just make it so all equipment restrictions across the board apply at the start signal only. If you want to do something silly afterwards, who cares - you’re probably spending too much time messing with it for it to be worth it. You might have to revise a few of the rules or get rid of them (for instance, “magazines may not be retained through magnetic means” would either need to be changed to disallow magnets entirely or removed), but it would clean up so many questions and remove weird situations like “my mag pouch got bumped forward when I caught it on the wall and now I’m in Open!?”

this ^^^

I have already sent this suggestion to my AD and DNROI I would suggest as many more of you that agree do the same, it solves a myriad of grey areas that are not universal enforced per the words as written in the rule book, we have discussed 3 or 4  separate instances recently in this section and start signal compliance would have solved all of them, making the sport fairer and simpler to officiate. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, Southpaw said:

So what's the penalty for doing this?  And if the answer is a bump to Open, then what happens if an Open shooter does this?

Generally speaking,  when an Open shooter sticks a magazine in the holster

alpha-x-holster.jpg

the magazine falls to the ground, so no penalty!

To follow up I reached out to the shooter and offered to Comp his entry fee for the 2020 A5 Championship.

Sarge I think this is as good as one can do for a sport that is officiated by volunteers. Thanks for doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/16/2019 at 3:54 PM, RAP said:

Sarge I think this is as good as one can do for a sport that is officiated by volunteers. Thanks for doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 very nice!!