Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
BigGrizley

Rock Island TAC Ultra FS HC 9mm

I'm just getting started into 3 gun, and am tossing around ideas for a new handgun. I was looking at the the Rock Island TAC Ultra FS HC 2011s. These guns seem to get good reviews, and fit into my budget. Is anyone running one of these, and if so, how do they perform?

I've heard nothing but good things about them. This probably goes without saying, but just case: I'd strongly recommend handling one in person before taking the leap (a lot of the big-box stores sell the stock RIA double-stack guns). The grip geometry a little different from a more "standard" 2011, and it won't work for everyone.

I had the similar model in .45, loved it. For a budget gun was surprised at the quality.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Had one for a few months, Great gun for the price. Only gripe I had was the grip was too large for me. Alot bigger than a STI 2011.

Ended up trading it in a 3 way trade with some buddies, the 2011 for a Beretta for a q 5 match. I ended up with the Q5